Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of this evening VIN #204 is in San Angelo Texas. Mysterious/Ebony, with all available options at the time, minus smokers. I have to say that if a picture is worth a thousand words, then seeing it will leave you speechless. 34 miles on the odometer at delivery. Initial reaction is this car has surpassed all my expectations. Fits like a glove, and handles amazingly. I'll have more after the weekend, but probably nothing more than has already been said. Hope everyone gets to feel what it's like to get yours soon.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Too bad there aren't any curves around San Angelo to drive it on. There's the little road over by lake Nastywater, and other than that the nearest roads that might be remotely fun are south around Buffalo Gap. You a firedog trainer or trainee there?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2KWK4U said:
You a firedog trainer or trainee there?
I'm a Firedog trainer. Any my best guess is that you more than likely have something to do with either Intel, or less likely are firedog too. And there are a few roads that aren't bad. I take my R6 out on a few of them so I'll do the same with the sol.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Campbell said:
I'm a Firedog trainer. Any my best guess is that you more than likely have something to do with either Intel, or less likely are firedog too. And there are a few roads that aren't bad. I take my R6 out on a few of them so I'll do the same with the sol.
Your best guess is more accurate. I was at Goodbuddy for 4 months in '97. I had a '96 GSX-R 750 at the time. Coming from Monterey to there, I was severely disappointed with the roads, and the resultant squaring-off of my tires. :rolleyes: It wasn't severe, but it sure did seem that way because I never was able to lean into a turn. Seems like every bend in the road (the few that I could find) there had gravel all through it from dumptrucks losing parts of their loads.

Then again, I could have been just spoiled from the roads here. There's a chance I'll wind up with instructor duty at GF once I graduate out of here again in May. If you're still there, I might ask you to "refamiliarize" me with those twisties.

Keep the rubber side down! :thumbs: And congrats on gettin' the new toy! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations, enjoy your new ride. :party:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats!!!!! :thumbs: After having mine for over a month, I can say you will enjoy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.