Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are the pictures of VIN 206 fresh off the truck.

The car arrive with 37 miles on it. The out the door price was $25,883.83.
Every options except XM, OnStar, and Smokers Package. Yes, these are the polished wheels.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
How many miles were on it?

And what with there not being any options & pricing?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Great pictures!! I know that you are excited. One question though, do you have stock wheels? I ordered polished, but my invoice showed the stock wheels and I am trying to prepare myself until I can get the chrome wheels. Details, details.......We are all hanging on to every picture and description, so please feed our cravings for anything Solstice...... :banghead: :devil: We've all gone a little depraved with the LONG wait.... :willy: Or maybe I should say that I have gone a little over the edge...I've never had to wait for anything in my life...... :crazy:

·
Registered
233 Posts
JCRRPZ said:
acoording to my dealer he received my widow sticer last week but no car as of yet
Ditto...My dealer gave me the window sticker Friday, August 19th to keep, and he was told not to call GM on the status of delivery until after Monday, August 22nd. :(

·
Registered
288 Posts
TerpFan said:
Here are the pictures of VIN 206 fresh off the truck.

The car arrive with 37 miles on it. The out the door price was $25,883.83.
Every options except XM, OnStar, and Smokers Package. Yes, these are the polished wheels.
Hmm, why is your car almost $1k more then mine when we have the exact same package. This is odd.

·
Registered
78 Posts
out the door price usually means tax and tags include. but that is just a guess in this situation
Primus said:
Hmm, why is your car almost $1k more then mine when we have the exact same package. This is odd.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Didn't want to confuse anyone, the purchase price was $24,675. The rest is all the state and dealer fees.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Any Problems w/ Number Two Hundred and Six

Members should be considerate of others and , not post information that could possibly cause unnecessary stress for members that have not received their Solstice.

The forum is left to wonder, if you are going to post information with regards to flaws you observed on Mr. Mallets’/your Solstice number Two Hundred and Six. You have been quick to identify what you felt were flaws on Solstice belonging to other members, on numerous threads. You have not posted any negatives associated with two hundred and Six, was everything perfect?

You made it clear that you are not satisfied with the Soltice as it is.

Is it true that there are a number issues with regards to number Two Hundred and Six ?It's appropriate to allow you to post that information if you choose to do so. I have a special passion for the Solstice and the members the forum, therefore I would not post information that would stress members that have not recieved their Solstice, becasue it is a wonderful experience, that should not be disturbed.

My reason for purchasing my Solstice was because I wanted to, with the exact number of cylinders and horsepower. If I wanted to purchase the Porsche horsepower I would have purchased one. Not to mention Mercedes because I currently own two.

Rude is rude, one should always be careful not to be rude. Be considerate of other members when you post information listing things that you have problems with as it relates to their vehicles.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
555 said:
Members should be considerate of others and , not post information that could possibly cause unnecessary stress for members that have not received their Solstice.

The forum is left to wonder, if you are going to post information with regards to flaws you observed on Mr. Mallets’/your Solstice number Two Hundred and Six. You have been quick to identify what you felt were flaws on Solstice belonging to other members, on numerous threads. You have not posted any negatives associated with two hundred and Six, was everything perfect?

You made it clear that you are not satisfied with the Soltice as it is.

Is it true that there are a number issues with regards to number Two Hundred and Six ?It's appropriate to allow you to post that information if you choose to do so. I have a special passion for the Solstice and the members the forum, therefore I would not post information that would stress members that have not recieved their Solstice, becasue it is a wonderful experience, that should not be disturbed.

My reason for purchasing my Solstice was because I wanted to, with the exact number of cylinders and horsepower. If I wanted to purchase the Porsche horsepower I would have purchased one. Not to mention Mercedes because I currently own two.

Rude is rude, one should always be careful not to be rude. Be considerate of other members when you post information listing things that you have problems with as it relates to their vehicles.
As I stated in another thread. The front hood is just slightly out of alignment (2 mm at most). The rear deck lid is absolutely perfect. The car is not being prep'd by dealer as it will be professionally done at Mallett Cars.

No paint chips noticed on this car. Keep an eye out for it in some your favorite car magazines later in the year. I will post tons of pictures from SEMA and hopefully some on the conversion as it's being performed.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy your ride and the conversion process. Will be anxiously awaiting the pics during the conversion.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to everyone for letting me be part of the fun and excitement this forum has generated. I will try and drop by from time to time and get the latest on information and post anything I may hear as well.

For me, the Solstice is now becoming it's own celebrity and hopefully will end up in many auto magazines and car shows. I will be focusing on my next car and plan to actually drive this one when it arrives. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
TerpFan, did I miss your answer to the number of miles on the car and why and how they got there? Seems too many for once around the block at Boxwood, unless it's a really big block.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I posted the miles on the "First 450 received Poll", but I will explain it here too. The car arrived with 37 miles on the odometer. The front tires a had outside wear that appear to have been from hard cornering. Again, this is how it came off the truck.

The part I didn't like, was I left the car at the dealership over night to wait for Mr. Mallett to arrive and pick it up. The car was parked in the service bay when I left. When I came back at 9 a.m. the next morning it was on the showroom floor without any protection and unlocked for anyone to sit in and play with. When Mallett Cars arrived around 10:30 a.m. the car was parked outside covered in road spray and 5 more miles on the odometer.

Thank you Hendrick Pontiac - GMC - Buick for watching out for me and my car!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I started a really smart ass explanation of how 'safley' moving the Solstice would take 5 miles - but this really isn't funny :nono:

I understand the powerful urge to drive the car - but the dealership should be a little more professional with these things.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.