Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I put a deposit down on 4-15. On 9-21 I received Vin #1570. Yesterday (Thursday) I decided to go to my dealership to see whats up. On the showroom floor was a sly Solstice. (My color). My first thought was it
arrived. I checked the vin. 2082 Found my salesguy to see if it arrived
with this one. Was told mine was still at the plant for quality control, and had no idea of arrival date. He had just called my house to let me know this one
was here and that I got first shot at it. It has $1800 more in upgrades than mine plus $990 in mark up. I could either take this car at this cost or wait for mine with no mark up. After many hours of discussion with my wife we decided to take it. Being from the Chicago area we wanted some driving time before winter. The car is AWESOME!!!!!! Fully loaded, Sly with two tone leather. We pick it up Saturday afternoon. This car is worth the wait. I'm 6'1" 195 pounds and I fit into it like a glove. I hardly slept last night thinking about it. I will try to post pictures soon. Be patient everone, I know its hard, thats why I bit the bullet and paid the premium. The car was a cancelled order but how it came before mine I have no Idea. I don't care.
Happines is Bartlett in my rear veiw mirror. Good luck everone. Godspeed with your cars. :)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Congrats on getting one. Now what will happen to the one you ordered? Will the dealership receive it and mark it up more? They will probably get it, too.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slicer said:
Congrats on getting one. Now what will happen to the one you ordered? Will the dealership receive it and mark it up more? They will probably get it, too.

They will definitly get the car.
I have no doubt they will mark up my original order.
If you live in a northwest suburb of Chicago, you
can call Naverette Pontiac in Elgin. Ask For Jim Burgess.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Congrats on upgrading to a better Solstice than what you ordered!!

Also, it looks like you will need to change your forum name now!! :lol: :lol:

- bspate -

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations, enjoy the car. :party:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
bspate said:
...Also, it looks like you will need to change your forum name now!! :lol: :lol:

- bspate -
Apparently that can't (or won't) be done. I asked and never got a final answer (though I did get a response that it was forwarded to a higher authority who was real busy with other stuff - understandably).

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
autosol said:
Sol 1570,
I live in Bartlett so if you see red Audi A3 following you, it is just another Solstice fan ;)

I'll be driving it around all day today so if you see me flash yout lights
and i'll be glad to show it off for you. I live off of chippendale close to stearns and will be cleaning my garage out first before our daily drive. The car is better than I ever imagined. I have to keep pinching myself because i can't believe it is mine. Feel free to swing by.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We live off of 59 and West Bartlett road. I work out at Bartlett Fitness Center, so I'm SURE, I'll see you around. My husband knows I'm crazy about the car, hopefully your wife is not gonna get jealous when I stop by :rolleyes:
Congratulations again, enjoy the weather!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts