Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Solstice #2405 is resting comfortably in the garage. The owner is still experiencing heart palpitations and shortness of breath. I picked her up around 7:00pm EST and and headed home with my 11-year old son in the pax seat. Man, you wouldn't believe all the whooping and hollering he was doing as we bolted down the road, our hair blowing in the wind of a warm Georgia fall evening. Ok, OK, we were both whooping and hollerin'.

It is so neat to feel, see, and experience what I've been reading about in all your posts the past few weeks. And it's all true! It was fun showing the dealer how to put the top up and down and I'd never done it before. Just read it here a million times.

Handles like a dream, cradles you in the seat, and everything else you've said. I'll post a respectable review and pics in the next few days. Until then, here's a real unrespectable review......yeeeeeeehawwwww!!!!!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Congrats,

I picked mine up today also with my youngest son (21). Its it a blast to drive but its raining and 50 here in New England but hoping for sun and 60's tomorrow.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You Da Man, Sarge!

Your prose ain't too bad either. I can almost feel the cool Indian summer breeze flowin' over the top of that roadster. Living vicariously with ya. ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, with about 25 miles on her and 30 minutes in the cockpit, I've already experienced two "Read it on solsticeforum.com" moments:

First, I pull up to a store to grab a newspaper and pull right up to the curb (my everyday ride for the last 2 years has been a big, ol' GMC Sierra). Panic sets in as I realize how low the front of the Solstice is. No scraping sounds, so I get out and kneel down for a look. Whew! You couldn't have put a sheet of paper between the bottom of the front end and the curb.
Note to self - Lay off the curb.

Second, I come out of the store and there's a group of folks staring and drooling. I spend the next 45 minutes answering questions and showing her off. Glad I wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere. :cool:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kenf said:
Congrats,

I picked mine up today also with my youngest son (21). Its it a blast to drive but its raining and 50 here in New England but hoping for sun and 60's tomorrow.

I'll hope for some sun for you too. Congrats. :patriot:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Congratulations, AFSOC 1st Sgt. That's great news! :party:

When I park, I ALWAYS back in and I NEVER back in all the way. Imagine a row of cars, big cars, SUVs, on both sides of a drive-through lane. Someone is cruising through looking for a parking space. Ah, there's one, but another car coming the other direction. The first one makes a quick dive for the parking space, only to find your Solstice pulled all the way in, they couldn't see until too late. OUCH! Couldn't stop in time.

I like my Solstice to be even with the other vehicles so that doesn't happen, know what I mean? Extra benefit is, it will never drag over the car stopper or sidewalk.

Enjoy that beautiful car, be young at heart like your son!

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Congrats! :party: BTW, When did you place your order? It seems like the order times are getting shorter ... at least I hope they are. ;) :lol:

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
When I park...

Gizmo you are on a roll tonight...why do you park your car? It is made to be driven. Shouldn't you only stop to fill the gas tank? :cool:

Oh yes, congrats on the arrival of vin # 2405! (had to keep post on topic) :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MSG_McKee said:
Congrats! :party: BTW, When did you place your order? It seems like the order times are getting shorter ... at least I hope they are. ;) :lol:

MSG_McKee,

I picked up a "dropped order" about 3 weeks ago. The original order for the car was placed April 22nd. Mine was 18 days (about 14 business days) from shipped to delivered. Hope you had a great Veterans Day. Semper Fi!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gizmo2004 said:
Congratulations, AFSOC 1st Sgt. That's great news! :party:

When I park, I ALWAYS back in and I NEVER back in all the way. Imagine a row of cars, big cars, SUVs, on both sides of a drive-through lane. Someone is cruising through looking for a parking space. Ah, there's one, but another car coming the other direction. The first one makes a quick dive for the parking space, only to find your Solstice pulled all the way in, they couldn't see until too late. OUCH! Couldn't stop in time.

I like my Solstice to be even with the other vehicles so that doesn't happen, know what I mean? Extra benefit is, it will never drag over the car stopper or sidewalk.

Enjoy that beautiful car, be young at heart like your son!

Great tips Giz. I'm definitely paranoid about it now after my near miss - or is that a "Near hit". Sounds like a George Carlin bit, I think.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations. :party:

·
1,492 Posts
Congratulations 1st Sgt ! The Excitement Begins! :willy:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congratulations. Party Time!! :willy: :willy: :willy: :yesnod:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Congratulations!!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Congrats, the car makes us all look 10 years younger and 20 lbs less :thumbs:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Great photos, beautiful car. Thanks for the post. Gee, Aggressive sure looks great.

But why is the sky so gray? I still have to wear sunglasses down here. And what is that black thing covering the car? :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts