Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to work this morning at 9am and about 30 minutes later my dealer called me. One of the salespeople there was pulling into work right as the truck was unloading my car. She called me right away...nice work by the dealer! :party:

They did what I asked and didn't wash/clean it and left their dealer sticker off (of course, kind of hard to put a dealer sticker on a dirty car ;) ). The dealer even gave me his gas card to run down the street and fill 'er up instead of him driving the car. (They did do the required PDI though, took off the plastic and went through the checklist.) While I was at the gas station the car behind be asked how much it cost...he guessed around 40K and then couldn't believe it when I told him I got it from the Pontiac dealer down the road.

Car had 25 miles on it, which I think is kind of cool since it's VIN 25 and I am 25 years old...guess it was meant to be! I inspected it and only found a small scratch that will easily buff/rub out. However, upon getting back to work I noticed I had black stuff all over my Polo dress shirt...I figured I leaned on the dirty top or car while checking it out. Turns out there was black grease under the slot where the driver's seat belt comes out and it got all over the back of the seat belt and thus all over my shirt. I will have to have them order a new seat belt ASAP.

Everyone at work and at the dealer thought I was nuts for taking it home unwashed (the sales manager kept asking, are you SURE you don't want us to clean that up for you?) but I wanted to make sure it was washed right with clean sponges. Only the best for my baby! :cool:

Scratch another lost Sol off the list! It was definitely worth the wait. And perfect timing too as we have been having temperatures in the high 60's the past few days in the morning....I can't wait for a top down cruise on the way to work!

·
Registered
819 Posts
GREAT!!!! The Lost Sols list is getting shorter. Have a great time with the new addition :party: :party:

·
Registered
233 Posts
C5Vette said:
Scratch another lost Sol off the list! It was definitely worth the wait. And perfect timing too as we have been having temperatures in the high 60's the past few days in the morning....I can't wait for a top down cruise on the way to work!
Congratulations!!!!!! :party: :cheers: :party: I'm so glad that you think that it is worth the wait. I guess I'll be the last first 1K to receive theirs.... :( I haven't seen one in person and am having second thoughts. Looking at used Porsches and Lexus SC430...... :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
About time C5, get out and enjoy it....you've earned it :cool:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations and its about time! :cheers:

Well at least you live in a warm climate so you should be driving it for awhile.

A little note to GM. You'all didn't respond to the 1K in August and September, but you owe all the remaining 1K folks a phone call and an update.

Your delivering way beyond 1K vins now and you haven't delivered these yet?

Come on. Its not like you have to make a thousand calls anymore.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Great news!!! The only problem with your vin, milage, and age being 25 is that the vin is the only one that will remain there.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
It's party time!!! Enjoy the ride, it just keeps getting better with time. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mssleepr said:
Congratulations!!!!!! :party: :cheers: :party: I'm so glad that you think that it is worth the wait. I guess I'll be the last first 1K to receive theirs.... :( I haven't seen one in person and am having second thoughts. Looking at used Porsches and Lexus SC430...... :willy:
mssleepr,

Trust me, you don't want to end your wait by buying a SC430...my Dad has one and the car is an absolute bore to drive. Pretty to look at and really neat trick top, but drives like a living room on wheels. Doesn't even get as many looks anymore either as there are a lot of them around. My Dad drove the Sol tonight and said he could see trading the SC for one! Now a Porsche might be a different story...

Hang in there...it'll come soon!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Marco said:
Congratulations and its about time! :cheers:

Well at least you live in a warm climate so you should be driving it for awhile.

A little note to GM. You'all didn't respond to the 1K in August and September, but you owe all the remaining 1K folks a phone call and an update.

Your delivering way beyond 1K vins now and you haven't delivered these yet?

Come on. Its not like you have to make a thousand calls anymore.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Thats great C5Vette! :willy: About time your car showed up! Now all of us "founding members" of the Lost Sols have their cars. But, there are still others awaiting delivery. Maybe this week will see the rest arrive!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations, to another Floridian on getting his ride, enjoy it. :party: :party:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats!!!!! :thumbs: ABOUT TIME - GM!!!!!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
C5Vette: GREAT news! It's been way too long, but now happiness is here. Enjoy.

C5Vette said: " but drives like a living room on wheels." Whatsamatter? Making fun of my trailerhome? Just kidding. No trailer.

Actually, I started thinking about buying a small motor home with a trailer behind to pull my Solstice. Then when the relatives of Rita or Katrina come visiting, I can just leave for awhile!

·
Registered
401 Posts
[/QUOTE]C5Vett However, upon getting back to work I noticed I had black stuff all over my Polo dress shirt...I figured I leaned on the dirty top or car while checking it out. Turns out there was black grease under the slot where the driver's seat belt comes out and it got all over the back of the seat belt and thus all over my shirt. I will have to have them order a new seat belt ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Great news on getting #25, about time. Also I will have to check my seat belts. Twice I have gotten black marks, grease, on the top of the right pant leg. I was looking at the steering wheel, but did not find the cause. Can see the seat belt coming across the leg and leaning the black marks.

Again enjoy the ride, we are.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts