Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I might get it here in Ohio???? I'm gettin antsy now! It's sooo nice out today,wish I had it just like everybody else!! Marla

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Almost Time!

mogo said:
When I might get it here in Ohio???? I'm gettin antsy now! It's sooo nice out today,wish I had it just like everybody else!! Marla
Marla, My Vin is 2973, also born on 10-11-05. I would think 2-3 weeks for delivery. At least that's what I'm hoping! Anyway, congrats on getting the Vin #. That's a big step in this long wait process! :yesnod:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dreamland

You might want to get a sleepingbag, a flashlight and a sandwich... it's going to be a long wait. I was built a month ago and it's rolled maybe 50 feet closer to me. Am I bitter... oh, no. What would give you that idea?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Mine was built two days before the person above me (sorry forget name) and it still isnt even available to ship. Dont count on getting your car for christmas ... right now the whole transit system is bottlenecked with 1000 cars or so. Built a month ago and still hasnt even moved to the next event code.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dylan01 said:
Mine was built two days before the person above me (sorry forget name) and it still isnt even available to ship. Dont count on getting your car for christmas ... right now the whole transit system is bottlenecked with 1000 cars or so. Built a month ago and still hasnt even moved to the next event code.
Bottle neck is over 2,000 cars.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
deluke said:
Bottle neck is over 2,000 cars.
deluke, any rumors on why cars aren't moving out of Wilmington? I'm wondering if it is a transportation problem or a Solstice quality problem.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
deluke, any rumors on why cars aren't moving out of Wilmington? I'm wondering if it is a transportation problem or a Solstice quality problem.
Dengel, I personally think it's just a transportation problem mostly. Few are making it out but not many. They don't have enough carriers for so many cars because of the low clearence.
Dengel, see your PM I'm sending you one.

·
Registered
176 Posts
A theory...

Somebody at my dealership had a theory that alot of transportation resources were being used to get materials to rebuild Katrina struck areas. That's just a rumour... but makes you go "hmmmm?"

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I talked to NOMS, and they said there are problems with the roof. Thats all they would tell me. And plus, somebody mentioned that there are about 100 or so with complete bags on them. What the hell is going on! Its going to snow in like 4 weeks here!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I still think its best if they are "bagged in Wilmington" than "leakin' in Pekin" (hometown's name) when I get to drive it. :( If my car has trouble, fix it, retest it and once all is tested and working, ship it to me. Mine will be an everyday vehicle. I want it to arrive in the best condition it can be. I am not find of the wait, but if it give me a quality vehicle, so be it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Mine got built yesterday, VIN #3247 and I don't expect it to be delivered for another 2 weeks at least even though it's only by truck maybe 6 hours :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry MOGO not trying to be smart, but lookat my signature. I still have not got it, it is still at the factory.

·
Registered
137 Posts
ChestRockwell said:
Somebody at my dealership had a theory that alot of transportation resources were being used to get materials to rebuild Katrina struck areas. That's just a rumour... but makes you go "hmmmm?"

Using Car Haulers to transport LUMBER :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
crawdadsolstice said:
I still think its best if they are "bagged in Wilmington" than leaking when I get to drive it. :( If my car has trouble, fix it, retest it and once all is tested and working, ship it to me. Mine will be an everyday vehicle. I want it to arrive in the best condition it can be. I am not find of the wait, but if it give me a quality vehicle, so be it.
If the roofs were bad on that many cars, they would of stop producing them and fix the line. I'm sure they don't have 2500 bad tops, and if they do ,they better hang it up if they are still making them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
mogo said:
Vin #3334 on 10/17
Cricket says deliveries are averaging about 6 wks. The saving grace for us
is Lordstown is just down the street from us. I'm expecting delivery in more like 4 to 5 weeks.

SLY--everything except XM, Onstar & smokers pkg.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts