Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like the production line is cranking along. My dealer just called today and gave me my VIN # which is 3658. :willy:

Tucson, Arizona will have one more Solstice in the very near future. We are 4th of 5 first allocation. Ordered May 23rd.

Invoice is showing $25,075 (Chrome Wheels were an extra $795). I thought the chrome alloys were $695 but oh well, I'm just happy to get a VIN #.

I'll have to go back to Edmunds and check the latest prices.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Sol-Brotha said:
Looks like the production line is cranking along. My dealer just called today and gave me my VIN # which is 3658. :willy:

Tucson, Arizona will have one more Solstice in the very near future. We are 4th of 5 first allocation. Ordered May 23rd.

Invoice is showing $25,075 (Chrome Wheels were an extra $795). I thought the chrome alloys were $695 but oh well, I'm just happy to get a VIN #.

I'll have to go back to Edmunds and check the latest prices.
I believe there were some price increases on a few options back in September, including the chrome wheels. So long as your order was placed in the VOMS system as a sold order under your name prior to the price increase in September, you should be able to get the lower price under the GM Price Protection Plan. Be sure to politely remind your dealer of this policy, so that you can get the lower price.

You can check this thread started by Small Dealer for a more detailed explanation. http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5287

·
Registered
4 Posts
good for you but i am still waiting for my vehicle made on 10/14 # 1299 no signs of a delivery date and i am only 220 miles from the plant,,,,,, the problem is making 150 cars a day and only shipping 30 a day so stand in line it is a long wait with a lot of ups and downs

·
Registered
178 Posts
john batakis said:
good for you but i am still waiting for my vehicle made on 10/14 # 1299 no signs of a delivery date and i am only 220 miles from the plant,,,,,, the problem is making 150 cars a day and only shipping 30 a day so stand in line it is a long wait with a lot of ups and downs

Don't you mean 9/14? Mine was built 9/19 and my VIN is 1690.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Haven't seen one in Phoenix, except the ones we got to drive at the traveling Solstice show.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Price Protection Plan

dengel said:
I believe there were some price increases on a few options back in September, including the chrome wheels. So long as your order was placed in the VOMS system as a sold order under your name prior to the price increase in September, you should be able to get the lower price under the GM Price Protection Plan. Be sure to politely remind your dealer of this policy, so that you can get the lower price.

You can check this thread started by Small Dealer for a more detailed explanation. http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5287
Excellent suggestion. The car was originally ordered with the Premium package so it looks like at least $100 less. The wheels were in the original order, only they were held until the Chrome was available. I can check the actual order date for the wheels to see if they were added before the price increase. Maybe another $100 back for a total of $200.

The dealer seems pretty cool so I don't expect any trouble.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

SB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts