Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had given up hope getting my Solstice this year, but this morning I received a call from the dealership I ordered my Deep Sol from and they told me it arrived today and would be ready for delivery this afternoon. It is now safely ensconced in my driveway, sold at list price as promised!

I wish I had more daylight to see the car, because I can barely wait until the sun comes up tomorrow to see it again in the light of day. My first impression is this car is a little bit boulevard cruiser and not up to par with the new MX-5 (or the last one for that matter), but as an eye catcher it is first rate. I love this car, particularly the sound system and the overall value.

A happier Thanksgiving I could not imagine! Now the question is why the hell do I have two convertibles, a PT GT and a Sol. Oh well, I DO need a back seat on occasion, and I do live in LA so a removable roof is a requirement for me! :cool:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
We're not ignoring you here, danlbrau. It's just that you posted your announcement in 3 other threads so we've already congratulated you in those other threads.

Enjoy that beautiful car, dude.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Moving to getting your solstice forum.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Lots of new cars arriving!! YES!!

Congrats!!

:party:

- bspate -

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gizmo2004 said:
We're not ignoring you here, danlbrau. It's just that you posted your announcement in 3 other threads so we've already congratulated you in those other threads.

Enjoy that beautiful car, dude.

No, I realize that. I'm not familiar with how the forum is set up so this was the first mention I made of it. After a little more searching I found the "correct" place to make the announcement and commented on other arrivals. Just a newbie learning the ropes.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Congr :party: :party: :party: atulations.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
For what it's worth, I took the pup on a little 30 mile highway trek to see what kind of mileage I could expect, got 32 doing 60-65 on the freeway. Of course I reset the computer once I got up to speed, so that is a true steady state best case scenario. Top was down by the way. :cool:

The funniest part of the drive was a fairly new BMW 3 series convertible passed me with the top and windows up (how clueless, it's got to be close to 80 today here in LA) and his female passenger had her nose and palms pressed against the window as they passed me and she just about drooled looking at the Sol the whole time. Has to be tough on the guy who spent $50 large on his Ultimate Driving Machine only to get shown up by a $20 something made in America sports car. :lol:

Or maybe she was just wishing she was riding in a car with the top down, the way God and Mr. Lutz intended. :devil:

One more item... First thing in the morning I opened the blinds in the living room to see my baby in the driveway, and I saw two neighbors gawking at my Deep Sol. I quickly brushed my teeth and hair and threw on pants to open it up for them, but by then there were four neighbors looking at it. Before I could finish giving them the grand tour, another stopped by. Wow. This car is a hit.

OK, one MORE last item. Being Thanksgiving and all, people were visiting on the block all day, and naturally everyone who walked by my yard stopped by the ask about the car. Of course I just HAPPENED to be mowing the lawn, picking weeds, watering, etc. most of the morning, so I had quite a few conversations about the car. What is it? How fast is it (not very by the way). Everyone just loved it, although it obviously will find few buyers because of its one-dimensional nature. But 20,000 a year would be a home run for Pontiac, so by that score it will be a big hit.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations. :party:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
RODEO said:
OK, RODEO, you've taught me how to get the photo onto the post in the other thread.

Now you need to teach me how to do what you just did. How do you take a photo and shrink down the pixels and/or size?

·
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
danlbrau said:
For what it's worth, I took the pup on a little 30 mile highway trek to see what kind of mileage I could expect, got 32 doing 60-65 on the freeway. Of course I reset the computer once I got up to speed, so that is a true steady state best case scenario. Top was down by the way. :cool:

The funniest part of the drive was a fairly new BMW 3 series convertible passed me with the top and windows up (how clueless, it's got to be close to 80 today here in LA) and his female passenger had her nose and palms pressed against the window as they passed me and she just about drooled looking at the Sol the whole time. Has to be tough on the guy who spent $50 large on his Ultimate Driving Machine only to get shown up by a $20 something made in America sports car. :lol:

Or maybe she was just wishing she was riding in a car with the top down, the way God and Mr. Lutz intended. :devil:

One more item... First thing in the morning I opened the blinds in the living room to see my baby in the driveway, and I saw two neighbors gawking at my Deep Sol. I quickly brushed my teeth and hair and threw on pants to open it up for them, but by then there were four neighbors looking at it. Before I could finish giving them the grand tour, another stopped by. Wow. This car is a hit.

OK, one MORE last item. Being Thanksgiving and all, people were visiting on the block all day, and naturally everyone who walked by my yard stopped by the ask about the car. Of course I just HAPPENED to be mowing the lawn, picking weeds, watering, etc. most of the morning, so I had quite a few conversations about the car. What is it? How fast is it (not very by the way). Everyone just loved it, although it obviously will find few buyers because of its one-dimensional nature. But 20,000 a year would be a home run for Pontiac, so by that score it will be a big hit.

all good....now please..GM...get the rest of us our SOLs...we promise to be good salesman for you!!! :lol:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RODEO said:
what are the limits for avatars for you - under 100 pixels and 25bytes?
Yes, and when I upload it the picture is very poor. I'll just keep the PT photo up for now until I can get the Sol photo a little better quality somehow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts