Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the word at 6:30 pm TODAY! I'll be picking it up Friday the 23rd at 3:30 pm. All my other info is in my profile and signature. I'll definitely be posting pics this weekend. Right now I'm in shock because my dealership told me Monday it was still at the plant being worked on; I guess being only 90 miles away helps! :lol:

Oh, and Vin #909 arrived with it. A Sly, I believe.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marco said:
Well, was the waiting the hardest part?
So far, YES! :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Congrats!!

Your Cinderella story is finally coming to an end! Get out there and drive! I highly recommend Skyline drive since the leaves should be turning soon. It's a bit of a hike to get down there, but well worth it. Especially if you can get off work on a weekday to go.

Enjoy it! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Nice new Avatar!

Say.... isn't that Primus' car?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2KWK4U said:
Say.... isn't that Primus' car?
Yes ... hope that's OK for now, until I take pics this weekend. I wanted to display my new vanity tag :D

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2KWK4U said:
Your Cinderella story is finally coming to an end! Get out there and drive! I highly recommend Skyline drive since the leaves should be turning soon. It's a bit of a hike to get down there, but well worth it. Especially if you can get off work on a weekday to go.

Enjoy it! :cheers:
Thanks for the kind words and suggestions!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats! Great news! Glad to hear it finally got there. Enjoy the ride and hope the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
259 Posts
hee hee hee

I have seen this car because MINE IS THERE TOO!

Now that I have it I will sell it.... for

ONE MEEEELLLLIIIIOOOONNNN DOLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEERRRRSSSSSS

Backstage (909)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congratulations.....get us some pics when you can........looks like more and more deliveries every day.......still waiting on mine though

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Congrats!!!!! :willy: :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
10,472 Posts
:party: Congratulations.

·
Registered
259 Posts
2 sols on the road

506 (Solstice Waiting) and I picked up our cars today, he got out the door first. I put 70 miles on (more tomorrow - hee hee hee) and I'm very pleased. I made a point of cruising Georgetown and Adams Morgan and overheard a lot of nice comments.

If you haven't bought yet I advise finding one to look at, the sand/steel is (maybe) not quite as nice as I hoped. S. W. has black and I think maybe that's the way to go.

Backstage

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
first few pics

I think all of the superlatives for the Solstice have been used ... and rightly so. I haven't had time to do a detailed inspection, but this car is fantastic. My oldest brother (now 61) introduced me to convertibles when he bought his TR6 new, and I continued the tradition with my '79 Triumph Spitfire (with removeable hard top). When I put the top down last night and went cruising, the sound of my Solstice reminded me of the TR6 rumble, but the curves are pure Spitfire - the best of both! Here are the first pics when we picked the car up on Friday. Note the couple with the salesman in the top right of the first pic - my dealership displayed the two 1st 1K's they received for about 24 hours (well, mine received a sheltered sleep), and they received 4 or 5 orders during that time! As we all knew, these cars sell themselves!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts