Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VIN 585 has arrived and is beyond belief in its beauty. :) The salesman called at 1:30 to say it was picked up by a carrier on 9/13 but he didn't know when to expect it. About 3:45 he called back to say they were just unloading it from the truck. Turns out that it was on the carrier spotted in Syracuse this morning. I left immediately to see it and was like a schoolgirl anticipating her first date - butterflies in the stomach and smiling all the way to the dealer. We take delivery tomorrow at 1:00. It's almost cliche now but you won't be disappointed.

It is exactly 5 months to the day since the Apprentice ordering event. The wait seemed endless at times, but with the help of this forum, we made it through. I lurked for a while and finally joined. Have not posted much but have taken advantage on a daily basis (amazing I still have a job!).

Thanks are due to Small Dealer and Cricket for their unselfish support -always professional and a voice of reason providing information many of our salespeople were lacking. Thanks to Excelsior for keeping 'the list' and providing the first real information about our Sols. A thousand thanks to linedog and everyone else at the assembly plant for taking supreme care in building our dreams. Your pride in working on these beauties is appreciated. Thanks to everyone for the collective power of knowledge and humor that has made the wait bearable. My office mates often thought I had finally lost it as I sat laughing hysterically in my cube. Thanks to Troy Roberts for his generosity in providing this forum and to all the moderators for their efforts to keep us informed, sane and kind to each other. A huge thanks to those at GM who made the concept a reality. And of course thanks to our salesman Spike at Spurr in Brockport. :grouphug:

For those of you still waiting for yours to arrive, be patient. They're coming and it's worth it!!

The weather sounds iffy for the weekend but we'll try to find a time and place where anyone in the Rochester NY area can come check it out. Stay tuned.

·
1,492 Posts
Congratulations; go drive, enjoy , take pictures and tell us how you feel while you drive it. :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...and...

I want to thank the academy and all the little people behind the scenes...and...

...congrats!!
:cool:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Congratulations CanalSolstice!

Hope you enjoy your "First Date". :lol:
I know how you feel! :willy:

I haven't been this excited about anything since my wife said she was leaving me! :leaving:

(just kidding of course) :lol: :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
mcbman said:
I haven't been this excited about anything since my wife said she was leaving me! :leaving:

(just kidding of course) :lol: :lol:
Hehehe! :lol:

CanalSolstice:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Excelsior said:
OK, that makes to forum members kinda close to each other and a total of 4 Sols in the update NY area. 2 in Oswego, NY that I know of.

I think its time to start planning an early October impromptu meet.
I was in NY from 8/26-9/1. My wife's family lives in Rochester, Geneseo, Spencerport and another small town near Spencerport. When I was there I couldn't find a Solstice and now they are showing up. Just my luck!!! But anyway congratulations CanalSolstice!!!! Hopefully I'll get mine soon.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Would like to see a solstice!!

I'm new to the forum but have been viewiing it for a couple months. My quetion is does anyone in lower michigan have a solstice I could come and see. I ordered mine in 1st week of june and I'm in the first allocation 2nd car. My dealer is telling me it might get delivered in november. I would really like to see one in person.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.