Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is the latest on my SLY 693. Spoke to the dealer a week or so ago. He said delivery on the 25th. Called him today and he said his 1st. car, I believe 217 was in Ohio for quality control, therefore mine will not show up until after that one get's there. I was like what?? What does the quality issues of 217 have to do with 693? Am I wrong here guy's? I do not think one has anything to do with the other. There are some car's after 693 that have been delivered already, right? I told him what I have learned here and recommended he read this forum. It is amazing that a couple guy's could put this forum together and we get better info here then from our dealers. Enough rant here. Just hoping the 25th. happens. Any input is appreciated and once again thanks to the moderators for all there work here.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Congratulations!

Delivery times vary, and the Solstice has to be shipped on the same car carriers they use for Corvettes (low ground clearance).

There is a good thread on delivery times posted by Small Dealer, and I tend to point people to it frequently...
Crimson Avenger said:
A while back, Small Dealer posted some interesting retrospective research on transit times. It was for a different vehicle and from a plant in Baltimore, but it's interesting. The point is that it can take a fair number of days--as many as 24 to 30 days.

Here's an excerpt of the posting. The original is located at link to: Transit Time Research
Small Dealer said:
Boston, MA (3).............21 Days
2-Baltimore, MD (5).........4 Days (Plant is in Baltimore)
2-Richmond, VA (0)
2-Norfolk, VA (3)...........10 Days
2-Philadelphia, PA (5).......6 Days
Columbus, OH (2)...........5 Days
Detroit, MI (5)..............16 Days
Miami, FL (1)................24 Days
2-Orlando, FL (2)..........39 Days (Last Sept/Oct, Hurricane effect?)
2-Jacksonvile, FL (1).....30 Days
Atlanta, GA (4).............18 Days
Kansas City, MO (1).......24 Days
Midland, TX (0)
Phoenix, AZ (3).............15 Days
Salt Lake City, UT (0)
Los Angeles, CA (0)
Oakland, CA (2).............17 Days
San Diego (4)................17 Days
Seattle, WA (3).............20 Days
Again, congratulations.
The dealer telling you the 23 is a guess. Don't hold him to it, it's not something in his control, and it's not even something that has an official estimated date in GM's own system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.