Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Photos/AZ Ride&Drive/#771 Produced

Great news + photos below:

GMHQ called today. VIN #771 has been produced and my 2006 Pontiac Solstice is on it's way. Shortly BEFORE GM called, I phoned my sales rep. He attended the Mesa Convention Center Solstice Ride & Drive and invited me up for a visit. When I arrived, another dealership's personnel were there. Fortunately, I met another Solsticeforum.com member who attended the R&D yesterday. Thanks Captain!!! As a result of your conversation with the moderator, he offered a ride at the end of the session. What a ride!!!! It was absolutely incredible.

For the record, the Pontiac Solstice is 100x sexier than depicted in photos. Every color looks outstanding. The seats are comfortable and it's true the cockpit "holds you in" even when diving into curves at high speeds. The car hugged the ground in and out of the turns. What an awesome feeling. I drive an 04' Porsche Cayenne and I can honestly tell you the Solstice DOES NOT have a cheap feel to it whatsoever. Under another manufacturer's badge (i.e. BMW) the car would command a base of $39,500.

Since there are tons of photos online, there's nothing new to share from the photos I've taken. The GM rep did share one closing point: "Be prepared to draw crowds everytime the car isn't moving."

·
Registered
284 Posts
Seeing the Miata right next to the Solstice like that really points out that there is absolutely no contest between the two when it comes to looks!!!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I got there too late to get the opportunity to sit in one. So, somebody here in AZ has to give me a ride when they get theirs!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
simmonsmb said:
Seeing the Miata right next to the Solstice like that really points out that there is absolutely no contest between the two when it comes to looks!!!
The moderator and I joked that the Miata takes on the look of a go-cart and the S2000 (pictured above) looked dated and easy to ignore when in the company of the Solstice.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Editguy said:
I got there too late to get the opportunity to sit in one. So, somebody here in AZ has to give me a ride when they get theirs!!!
I'm probably 2-3 weeks away from delivery.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I really have to admit that the white Solstice looks so much better than I had expected. I owned a white car in the past and the color didn't fit that car as well as it does the Solstice. To all of you white Solstoce owners... good choice.

G

·
Ex-Miata Man said:
I really have to admit that the white Solstice looks so much better than I had expected. I owned a white car in the past and the color didn't fit that car as well as it does the Solstice. To all of you white Solstoce owners... good choice.

I agree completely. I have a white truck right now and did not want a white car, but the white Solstice looks very sharp. :thumbs:

·
Registered
31 Posts
The white Solstice at the Mesa show did look good,,,,except,,the front nose piece white didn't match the white for the rest of the car. That was true of a few other colors as well. :devil: I hope that is only because these are the pilot test mules traveling the country?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Cool!

Initially I was going to write that was the first close up of the cool that I've seen, then I relized that was the first real picture of the cool that I've seen.

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts