Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say hi to everyone. I have been reading the forum for several months now. I called the dealer today and finally received my VIN #. It was produced on 31 Aug 05 with a current 3800 code. I hope to get it by the end of Sept. Will not hold my breath. For those of you in Alabama give me a shout maybe we can meet up one of these days for a car show are drive in. I am located just north of Mongomery off of I-65

Sly with steel/sand interier, all options except On Star and Polished Wheels.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congratulations Sly#776. Welcome aboard to the Solstice Frenzy. We are the lucky few in Alabama. The more the merrier... :party:

·
Registered
48 Posts
you waited untill you were at 3800 to join us!!!!!!!!! now what are you going to rant about??? :willy: :willy: :cuss: :cuss:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sly #776 said:
I would like to say hi to everyone. I have been reading the forum for several months now. I called the dealer today and finally received my VIN #. It was produced on 31 Aug 05 with a current 3800 code. I hope to get it by the end of Sept. Will not hold my breath. For those of you in Alabama give me a shout maybe we can meet up one of these days for a car show are drive in. I am located just north of Mongomery off of I-65

Sly with steel/sand interier, all options except On Star and Polished Wheels.
Congratulations, you are way ahead of a lot of us. Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Produced Aug 31 and is only number 776? Does not sound like the first 1000 were done by the end of the month. Were is our math off?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Dogtown said:
Produced Aug 31 and is only number 776? Does not sound like the first 1000 were done by the end of the month. Were is our math off?
Think it takes a while for system to catch up on VINs. Report showed all 1000 are done this week.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
mceb said:
Think it takes a while for system to catch up on VINs. Report showed all 1000 are done this week.
So all the build dates are wrong? I'm pretty sure they did not make 250 cars on the 31st. I must still be missing something.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Dogtown said:
So all the build dates are wrong? I'm pretty sure they did not make 250 cars on the 31st. I must still be missing something.
It's hard to reconcile these things but the reports from GM over in general forum show 1000 cars built in August alone. Probably comes down to when a car is officially "produced". GM reports may be "built" but not finalized?

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
mceb said:
It's hard to reconcile these things but the reports from GM over in general forum show 1000 cars built in August alone.
Right, but we also know that some cars destine for Canada were built, plus there are f1k cars with no VIN info yet. Things are just not adding up. Oh, well. No speculation will get the cars here any quicker. I will stop trying to rationalize the irrational.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts