Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I said I'd let y'all know my vin when i got it and well:
it ends in 102426. I'm thinking that means that my car was the 2,426th off the line...would that be right?

And again he assured me that it will be here in 2 - 2 1/2 weeks...plenty of time for my birthday. YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Actually that'st not correct.
The EOP cars were numbered 000001 - 001000.
Then the post EOP cars started with 10xxxx, but they didn't start at 100000 they actaully started around 1007xx. The previous ~700 cars were pre-production/deemed not for sale cars.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
RagtopRoadster: Are you getting it for MSRP? Some of us (I'm not going to mention any names) weren't so lucky (or smart?).

Ask your dealer which trucking company delivers to that dealership. If it is Jack Cooper, their number is 816-983-4000, ask for dispatch. Tell them you want to check on a new car in transit. They will ask for your VIN 3rd digit and last 7 digits, then give you some information on where it is.

Ask them where it will be unloaded and ask for the phone number for that location. Then call that number to get a better idea of delivery date.

You should be getting a Vehicle Order Event History from your dealer once a week (Fridays might be best), just ask them to print it out for you, it's easy for them. And call them on Tuesdays to see if any news.

Check out this thread for pictures from the railyard to dealer to home:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6698 Post #35.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
RagtopRoadster: Are you getting it for MSRP? Some of us (I'm not going to mention any names) weren't so lucky (or smart?).

Ask your dealer which trucking company delivers to that dealership. If it is Jack Cooper, their number is 816-983-4000, ask for dispatch. Tell them you want to check on a new car in transit. They will ask for your VIN 3rd digit and last 7 digits, then give you some information on where it is.

Ask them where it will be unloaded and ask for the phone number for that location. Then call that number to get a better idea of delivery date.

You should be getting a Vehicle Order Event History from your dealer once a week (Fridays might be best), just ask them to print it out for you, it's easy for them. And call them on Tuesdays to see if any news.

Don't know where your from, Allied Automotive is also doing trucking to East coast and alot of mid west. You can try calling them, but they might want your dealer to set up a tracking account on line.( They were getting to many calls from non dealers) But they wiil give you dealer info if he calls.
!-866-527-4285. Good Luck because alot of cars are on hold around you vin number, but some have made it out.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
gizmo2004 said:

OK - How do I bookmark this info... Thanks Gizmo. SOMEDAY it will come in very handy for me also. Oh yeah, I got a PRINTER.... forgot I could read things on PAPER too ;)

Ragtop - Congrats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts