Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
list of rpo codes

Thanks, I had already had a look at that, couldn't find any anti-theft sticker option, searched for the words 'theft', 'sticker', 'label'. All I could find was immobiliser (VATS) and anti-theft radio RPO's.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1,457 Posts
There are 2 RPO codes that I have located that may be for those labels
UTT and VLT

Reactions: agent008

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
@agent008

key out a list of the RPO codes for your car, case doesn't matter and put a single space between each code on a single line.

This morning I put together a database of 18,398 GM RPO codes. I wrote a program that takes a list of codes and spits out the descriptions of them.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
another couple possible RPO codes for those labels

BAV
T98

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Oh I have a crazy idea. Does your car have OnStar? If so do you know if OnStar works where you are? If you have it try pressing the button and see what happens. The DMV can use that to verify the VIN on the car because it connects directly to GM. The person is not going to tell you the VIN number but if you read it off to them and ask them if it matches what they have they should be able to answer "yes/no"

·
Registered
91 Posts
There are 2 RPO codes that I have located that may be for those labels
UTT and VLT
another couple possible RPO codes for those labels

BAV
T98
If those codes indicate the VIN stickers, I don't have any of those codes.

@agent008 have you checked behind one of your fenders yet to see if you have those stickers? What about under your hood or trunk lid?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I do not have those stickers on my 08 GXP, I am thinking that it is an option.

I need the RPO's off of someone's vehicle that has those stickers to isolate what code it is.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Whoa, I'm overwhelmed by the volume of people responding here to help me. Talk about feeling welcome at a forum. Hearty thanks to all!

@Steveorama - I'll check when I get home. The hood sticker is ther but is different, larger and has emissions information together with the VIN. What other places could I be able to find the smaller stickers?

@kgschlosser - thanks for the info, I'll check my glovebox sticker for these codes. Unfortunately I don't have OnStar.

·
Registered
91 Posts
@Steveorama - I'll check when I get home. The hood sticker is ther but is different, larger and has emissions information together with the VIN. What other places could I be able to find the smaller stickers?.
On mine, the VIN sticker under the hood is on the left side next to the hood strike just to the left. Disregard the orange warning sticker on mine, that’s aftermarket.

The trunk lid sticker is on the right side of the car just under the trunk lid liner.

Behind the front fenders they are on the bottom next to the wheel fender. This is looking down past the battery.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I have 18,767 different GM RPO codes. I have one more list of codes I need to check to see if I have them already or not. It's a big list of 188 pages worth and probably 50-75 codes per page.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Whoa. Similar to here.

Now, I'm trying to figure if my car's stickers might have been removed (body repaint?) or if the stickers just weren't factory installed. Anybode else doesn't have the VIN stickers? Especially someone who has a car since new?
I may be wrong, but I think there are several antitheft stickers on various panels on the car. Perhaps you could just find another one and move it? I'm pretty sure they are coded to match the VIN and you can't just use a sticker from another car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I may be wrong, but I think there are several antitheft stickers on various panels on the car. Perhaps you could just find another one and move it? I'm pretty sure they are coded to match the VIN and you can't just use a sticker from another car.
Moving it would destroy it. What I can try to do is find one of them and check whether DMV would accept. Provided these stickers were standard instead of an orderable option...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
On mine, the VIN sticker under the hood is on the left side next to the hood strike just to the left. Disregard the orange warning sticker on mine, that’s aftermarket.
The trunk lid sticker is on the right side of the car just under the trunk lid liner.
Behind the front fenders they are on the bottom next to the wheel fender. This is looking down past the battery.
@Steveorama , thank you for the really detailed pics. Tomorrow - a holiday - is the perfect time for me to go chasing stickers in earnest. I'll report here what I end up finding!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Moving it would destroy it. What I can try to do is find one of them and check whether DMV would accept. Provided these stickers were standard instead of an orderable option...
EDIT: I realized now that my asking if someone has the stickers could have sounded as if I wanted someone to send one of theirs. Actually I was trying to find out what would be the sticker locations on other people's cars so I could try and find mine. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I wonder if you can have your DVM call GM and give them the serial number off of your engine and GM will tell them what VIN the engine is married to.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I wonder if you can have your DVM call GM and give them the serial number off of your engine and GM will tell them what VIN the engine is married to.
This is the usual process, although it is made by letter (Brazilian law, costumes don't consider phone calls as a trusted source of information because the person speaking on the other side can't be verified). But, alas, GM Brazil say they have nothing to do with it. I have reached out to the US dealer that sold this car for export, and asked them whether they can source an original set of stickers printed with my VIN from GM, and then send them by letter directly to my DMV. That would be the closest thing to the actual standard procedure that I could think of. I'm waiting for a reply from their parts rep.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I am sure that the DMV where you are is much like the DMV's here in the states. Depending on the day and the person you get to help you is going to decide what the outcome is. My best suggestion is to find a solution that they might possibly accept, Go early in the morning to the DMV before anyone else pisses the person off. Get them to laugh, keep a smile on you face.. basically kiss their a$$. and see what kind of magic can get done. I am suggesting the engine serial because it is a way for them to verify the VIN as being legit and that the VIN on the car matches the engine.

I had a vehicle that was totaled and i still owed money on the car, I didn't want to have to continue to pay taxes on the thing. I did some of that before mentioned a$$ kissing and the person said they would take care of it for me. Oh they did, they deleted the car from their system. There isn't even record of the car ever being in an accident on any VIN look ups. I had to keep the car insured because of the bank note and every year the insurance company would call and tell me that the VIN is incorrect and the car doesn't exist, every year I would have to send them photos of the car, the dash VIN and door jamb VIN.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have 18,767 different GM RPO codes. I have one more list of codes I need to check to see if I have them already or not. It's a big list of 188 pages worth and probably 50-75 codes per page.
That is a huge list. Finding a code will actually only solve the doubt we have whether it was a selectable option or not at time of ordering. I'm not sure it would help with getting a set of new stickers. Maybe not worth the effort to search this huge list.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I’ve heard people in Brazil are really friendly, but I can’t imagine their DMV’s are any more accommodating than here in the states. I can’t even imagine the reaction I would get from our DMV here if I asked them to call anyone for anything. Ha

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
@Steveorama

It's all about the person you get and if you can persuade them to take the time to do it.

@agent008
If you can prove that the stickers are an option and that your vehicle did not have that option when it was built they may decide to use the certificate in the drivers door jamb as a way to verify the VIN.

All you have to do is to get me the list of RPO's from your car and I will have them all decoded in about 2 seconds. I am also going to need an RPO list from someone that has the stickers so we can compare the output from the 2 and see if there is something that stands out.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts