Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VIN & "THE LIST" (POST VIN and COLOR please)

I have added our two known VINs to "THE LIST" (links in sig)

Deep Sol, you weren't even ON the list.

No, it does not look like times have ANYTHING to do with VINs

Please reply here with your VIN so I can reflect it on "THE LIST"

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Please post your car color also. Since it appears that not all the colors were done at once, that may give some of us who were not black, blue, or green a better idea once we start seeing other colors come out.

Excel, if you could add the color request to your thread starter, it might get more notice also.

Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have 037

Posted this elsewhere, too. I have VIN 037, a Deep blue model with many extra features. My EOP time was 2:37PM. I believe that early documentation stated that orders would be filled randomly, not based on EOP time. I can believe that now!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fiero+Solstice said:
I believe that early documentation stated that orders would be filled randomly, not based on EOP time. I can believe that now!
Yup me too, I was near the end of the EOP orders (2:37 or something). I'm sure that has nothing to do with how they are filling the orders for production.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Another theory:

Put aside the time of the order on the April 15th for a second. What if it's when your order got put into the GM system (dealerworld, autobook?) that counts?

My dealer did mention that in his experience the age of the order might help it get built faster (older orders get picked up first?). I thought he was blowing smoke but we did enter my order into the GM order system in March, a few weeks before the Apprentice.

Looking for a possible common denominator, any of the other early VINs load their orders in the GM system early? Remember we had up to 10 days after the Apprentice to comeplete that task (linking the real order to the Apprentice order).

If that's not it, got to be random or something.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Based on statistical analysis, using normally distributed data and Central Limit Theory we can state with 95.44% confidence that all cars coming off the line are going to a northern location once we have we have collected the first 15 samples of data. If these samples do go to a northern state then we can conclude this is indeed true.

:willy:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congrats to all that have received their VINS.:cheers: Still no news as to when my sol will be delivered, but I'm in the south. I was hoping that they went by colors in their deliveries....
I was told that I could have the price of my car for only $500.00 dollars more than the dealer's cost. Just curious, but have any of you heard anything definite as of the cost of your cars?

·
Registered
263 Posts
mssleepr said:
Congrats to all that have received their VINS.:cheers: Still no news as to when my sol will be delivered, but I'm in the south. I was hoping that they went by colors in their deliveries....
I was told that I could have the price of my car for only $500.00 dollars more than the dealer's cost. Just curious, but have any of you heard anything definite as of the cost of your cars?

I have a signed purchase contract for a fully loaded Solstice, $24,675 (minus XM and Smokers package).

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Congrats on getting VINs-- Now this is Real

If there is a North/South distribution, this isn't going to lead to another civil war is it? :willy:

Or will the Southerners just gloat about actually being able to put the top down in December and January???

·
Registered
233 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
If there is a North/South distribution, this isn't going to lead to another civil war is it? :willy:

Or will the Southerners just gloat about actually being able to put the top down in December and January???
The only way for us Southerners to save face is to gloat... :yesnod: :cool: After all, we were raised to have good manners......and will brag about driving all winter long with the top down....won't mention if I have to wear gloves and a hat... :cool:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Congrats MCEB! I am getting real excited now! Will have to call my dealer again!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes it is great to see things moving.

I did get a responce from my dealer today I hit code 3400 (broadcast) yesterday 7/28. The codes got updated about noon EST today. Erarly this morning I was still at the 1st code #.

This is great after my numbers went backwards about a week ago. :brentil:

From the time the factory picks up and order. How long till the car is off the line?

Glad to see more people are getting the VIN #'s. :yesnod:

Sly minus XM and onstar.

I'm lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My dealer just called! I am number 23 and in transit!!!!!! YAHOOO! Beers on me! :party: :party: :party: :party:

1 - 20 of 433 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.