Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any cognescenti out there able to decipher the vin #? they say there is a special vin for the first 1000. my understanding is that the vin includes information that goes beyond just the sequence of the car that is being manufactured. what should we expct for vin # on the first 1000, and those to follow?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
cdb said:
any cognescenti out there able to decipher the vin #? they say there is a special vin for the first 1000. my understanding is that the vin includes information that goes beyond just the sequence of the car that is being manufactured. what should we expct for vin # on the first 1000, and those to follow?
The full VIN # has a lot of info coded into it (engine, plant, date built etc.)

See this post:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=899&highlight=code

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Yup - the most likely format for a 2006 Solstice VIN is

1G2MB33B?6Y######

Where the ? is a mathematically derived check digit based on all the other digits and the #'s are your sequence number.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The way GM keeps announcing the program too it sounds like the EOP cars will actually be numbered 0001-1000. However I wonder, usually doesn't cars 0001 go into some sort of museum or such? So are we really getting 0001-1000, is there going to be another identifier in front of the 4 #'s to permit various 0001 cars, or are some of the actual lowest # ones going to various GM people and museums and then people actually get like cars 0021-1020. Just another thing to ponder.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The way GM keeps announcing the program too it sounds like the EOP cars will actually be numbered 0001-1000. However I wonder, usually doesn't cars 0001 go into some sort of museum or such? So are we really getting 0001-1000, is there going to be another identifier in front of the 4 #'s to permit various 0001 cars, or are some of the actual lowest # ones going to various GM people and museums and then people actually get like cars 0021-1020. Just another thing to ponder.
That's precisely what I had thought about. What's to keep GM from holding some back from being offered as part of the EOP offering entirely....i.e. not let the first 100 or so, be given out....and also what about stopping at somewhere like 900 or 950 with "Pending" and waitlist all remaining...this allows for a buffer in the event they need a few more......Hey....that means...I might still get lucky :willy:

·
Registered
115 Posts
VIN 0001 and its outcome depends on the car and its manufacturer...I know where '95 Camaro Z28 Conv. serial...0001 is...it is at a vo-tech school...being used...once they are done with it...it will be crushed....salvage-restricted title...if it is EVER titled...GM will be notified...I've seen some schools lose donations due to improper disposal. Now when it comes to Corvettes...a lot lately have been ending up at mid-america or the museum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts