Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my thoughts on this item.

Quality rate - 7 not very good edges all around

Fitment rate - 6 (may vary) from my understanding they are built when order.

Weight rate - 10 very very light

Overall I give it a 7.5:yawn:

Not the best mod you can do. But it sure looks nice in the sun lol.

Up next is my RK SPORT body kit

Updated video

·
Registered
220 Posts
Did she just say that the scratch looked better??!! Haha! Funny $hit! Looks good though. Do you think that you'll be able to adjust it to make it line up perfectly??

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
You should be able to adjust most of the fitment issues away. Somewhere on the forum you will find the body panel adjustment manual, it is very helpful.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
You should be able to adjust most of the fitment issues away. Somewhere on the forum you will find the body panel adjustment manual, it is very helpful.
Ditto. Those are all adjustable spots. The bump stops need to be tweeked and the bumper front end can be pushed or puller out to fit better.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah my sister be buggen lol, but from NY right? We should do a meet up.
Yeah for sure on both counts! I haven't had my front plate on since I bought the car (5yrs this month), and I've only been stopped 1x for it. When I had my SRT-4 I used to get stopped all the time for that though. It was definitely a profiling thing... even one of the cops admitted it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah for sure on both counts! I haven't had my front plate on since I bought the car (5yrs this month), and I've only been stopped 1x for it. When I had my SRT-4 I used to get stopped all the time for that though. It was definitely a profiling thing... even one of the cops admitted it.

Man they stop me all the time because they think a black person shouldn't own a nice car:yawn:
I pay them no mind, but I don't want to give them a reason to even pull me over .
What part NY u from in from the Bronx. I rarely see another solstice here. But I'm down for a meet up once I get my kit on and painted.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Man they stop me all the time because they think a black person shouldn't own a nice car:yawn:
I pay them no mind, but I don't want to give them a reason to even pull me over .
What part NY u from in from the Bronx. I rarely see another solstice here. But I'm down for a meet up once I get my kit on and painted.
When I got stopped in my SRT I was told and I quote "When I stopped you I thought that you'd have a 40 in one hand and a joint in the other w/your hat turned back, but I was wrong." Crazy right? Oh well... I'm in Orange County (40 miles northwest of the City). I had some 3M stripes on the SRT. They were great for the 4yrs that I had the car (no chipping/peeling). You may as well have the spoiler drilled in while it's @ the body shop getting the holes filled from the OEM spoiler.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I got stopped in my SRT I was told and I quote "When I stopped you I thought that you'd have a 40 in one hand and a joint in the other w/your hat turned back, but I was wrong." Crazy right? Oh well... I'm in Orange County (40 miles northwest of the City). I had some 3M stripes on the SRT. They were great for the 4yrs that I had the car (no chipping/peeling). You may as well have the spoiler drilled in while it's @ the body shop getting the holes filled from the OEM spoiler.
I might go that rout, and dam thats so sad that they would stereo type like that. Is orange county upstate new york or in long island? I would love to see at least 5 sols on the road together.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Orange County is upstate. A few years back I saw about 7 or 8 Sols in a row going through town. It was pretty cool to see. This area has recently become a hot bed for car modding--2 performance shops have opened within the past 3mths... and that's a lot for here.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
That one fits a lot better then the one I had 2-3years ago. Looks like they improved their mold.

And don't do the writing on the wheels.:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts