Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I took an East Coast vacation last week, and got a chance to visit the Boxwood plant in Wilmington. On Saturday, October 8, we saw about 500 (estimate) rained-on Sols on the lot. Went to the guard shack and tried to talk my way into a quick tour/look. I tried my best "Lutz sent me" line, but the guys behind the counter just said, "You and about 400 other people this month....". They were friendly, but no tour.

On our return swing, we stopped on Saturday the 15th, the only SUNNY day the Northeast had seen in about 2 weeks. There were now about 800 (estimate) shiny gems in the lot. We flew east from Idaho to see the fall colors, and the best colors we saw were Aggressive, Sly, Cool, Envious, etc.... It was like viewing the promised land!

Has anyone commented on how great the wheels look while rolling? I know I'm now satisfied with the standard wheels I've ordered.

If you're in the area, take Interstate 95, to Hwy 141 N, to Boxwood exit, then turn east. Don't be too obnoxious and they'll let you stare and drool for awhile.

·
Registered
905 Posts
On a side note, I believe I saw a Solstice carrier heading North on I-95 this afternoon. Looked just like the pictures of the carriers and it had Delaware plates.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
800 on the Lot?

My Goodness, 800 on the Lot? That's crazy. Sounds like the seal problem to keep the water out of the trunk has slowed the entire shipping process. :yesnod:

·
Registered
767 Posts
I've washed mine (1741) and have been in a pretty good downpour today, and no water anywhere inside the car.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
jimmyo said:
I've washed mine (1741) and have been in a pretty good downpour today, and no water anywhere inside the car.
Make sure you check the trunk, we found a small leak there yesterday. We never had the top down so didn't notice it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts