Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Solstice at Corvette Show

I was able to catch the Solstice Chuck Mallett will be modifying. It was at the Corvette show 8/27.

I had to be in York, PA Friday and Saturday...drove there from Michigan....I never saw a Solstice on the road, but did see one parked outside the Corvette show (see picture..don't know whose it was). It was raining, thus the spots on the photos.

The Solstice at the show was a real popular item....I'm posting pictures here. They are gonna put a 400HP LS2 engine in it with several other mods.....and it will have special decals (see photos). Details are on their website and printable at: http://mallettcars.com/solstice-conversion.htm

The basic conversion price is to be $18,000 and they propose a limited edition of 100.......he told me that a dealer has ordered half of them. It sounds like they could become a real collector item, like a Shelby Cobra, but I don't know about the value for just a pleasure roadster which is what most people will use it for.

Chuck told me that his VIN # was 206 and he just got it 3-4 days ago. He said that two Wilmington plant workers stopped by his booth earlier and relayed the info about slow shipping due to quality inspections and tweaking the cars prior to shipping.

VIN 242, not here yet, Deep, two-tone

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Moving to general forum instead of help ;)

That's Terpfan's car. Thanks for the pics and the report :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts