Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check out these picks of the VW Concept C - Hard top convertible with a glass sunroof and power folding top that stows in the trunk clamshell style like the solstice. This car has been approved by VW for production as early as 2006. I know it is not a "roadster", but with 2 extra seats in the back you can bring along 2 extra friends or have a place to put your suitcases on a trip or your groceries from the store. The car is also supposed to cost more than the Solstice, but again, look at what you are getting: 2 cars for the price of 1; a real hard top and a convertible too.
Think I am gonna wait on the VW and compare.....

<edited by mod>
---.thewallpapers.org/cars/volkswagen/vw_concept_c.php
<Use this link at your own risk - some reports of adware and unauthorized application installation with this site, thanks>

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Not bad, not bad. Very similar to the G6 retractable coming soon. You might give it a look at www.pontiac.com BTW you probably should have posted this under general off topic.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
No Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Concept R is their future roadster.

Here's the Concept C blurb (yikes front wheel drive!).
VW Confirms '06 Concept C Convertible

Automotive News reports that a Volkswagen concept convertible from the 2004 auto-show circuit will enter production in 2006. The Concept C show car will go on sale, likely as a 2007 model, and will sport front-wheel drive and a folding, retractable hardtop like the one on the Mercedes-Benz SLK. The new convertible VW is expected to be priced around $30,000.

·
Registered
182 Posts
it's nice, but it just dosent send me. With the proliferation of hardtop convertibles like the G6 and concept c I would be willing to bet that in the next few years these touring convetables (g6, sebring, solara, etc.) will all be hardtop while the more sports minded (solstice, mustang, corvette) will remain soft top. After all you still need the structural reinforcement of a convertable but you are carrying around the weight of a traditional roof, and adding weight to a car does not seem like a good way to make it go fast.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I am glad to see VW give the green light to that car. It does absolutely nothing for me. I like to see the import companies make flops. It gives a boost to the domestics ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts