Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it pretty standard that your dealer should provide you with a VOM# once you've ordered your Solstice? I ordered mine over the phone (had to call distant cities to find one) and the dealer e-mailed me confirmation of my order, but he didn't provide a VOM#. Should I ask him for it?

·
Premium Member
10,407 Posts
newfan said:
Is it pretty standard that your dealer should provide you with a VOM# once you've ordered your Solstice? I ordered mine over the phone (had to call distant cities to find one) and the dealer e-mailed me confirmation of my order, but he didn't provide a VOM#. Should I ask him for it?
YES! this will confirm he put you into the system.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You can ask for one, it really won't do you any good, I've got mine, but it's been useless.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dubious dealer

Uh, should I be concerned that my dealer responded to my request for the VOM# by asking me what a VOM# is? (I am.)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Adrenaline said:
You can ask for one, it really won't do you any good, I've got mine, but it's been useless.
It's only seems useless. When they officially start production, you can have your dealer track the order and see when your car will be built, where it is etc.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I placed my order late (April 23rd) and I'm pretty sure that will put me in the second allocation. Should the dealer have given me a VOM# as well, or will I have to wait until closer to the second allocation?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
allocation

Shouldn't your dealer be able to tell you which allocation your order is part of? I didn't order my Solstice until May 11, but my dealer still had 2 cars available from his initial allocation.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
I placed my order late (April 23rd) and I'm pretty sure that will put me in the second allocation. Should the dealer have given me a VOM# as well, or will I have to wait until closer to the second allocation? - SD Sol
Ask your dealer how many cars he was allocated. Then ask him where you are on his list. If he has 3 cars coming and you're number 5, then you will be waiting until next year. They usually don't give out the VOM unless you ask for it. See "Dealers Allocation Order Pickup " thread (page 2 of General Solstice Discussion) for more info.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SD SOL said:
I placed my order late (April 23rd) and I'm pretty sure that will put me in the second allocation. Should the dealer have given me a VOM# as well, or will I have to wait until closer to the second allocation?
I don't believe a dealer would give you the VOM# unless you specifically ask for it. It doesn't really help the customer to know what the VOM# is, other than to give you a warm fuzzy that your order has been placed for a Solstice.

Regarding which allocation you are in and where in that order you fall, your dealer should know this. Call them and ask specifically what their initial four month allocation is, and where in that group your order falls. For example, my dealer's allocation is four cars, and my order has first priority, based on the order that deposits were placed. (I put a deposit down in March).

Again, you can only accept the dealer's word on this, as I don't think there is any way for you to check this information yourself.

Good luck! I hope you are in for the first allocation.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
solli4me, you beat me to it! I guess I tend to get too wordy with my explanations. :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Agree, VOM#s should mean nothing to customer. Just have the print out a hard copy of the order for you from their system, it will show all the choices you made.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts