1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Michael said:
Appears to be working to me AverageJoe!
NASA we have lift off. :cheers

Thanks Michael. I'll give it till the end of the day and post to the tech forum. I was trying to add a link to the colors on the poll, but I don't think that will be possible....so I may just put the link to http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/solstice.htm on the original thread when I start it later today.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Colors?

Hopefully, they'll have a 'British Racing Green' as opposed to an emerald green; my first choice, if offered, would be a cream/beige. White is too white.
The Solstice needs lighter colors.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
AverageJoe,

Let me know - if you want I can just move it over to the correct section if you're happy with it, rather than starting a new thread and linking it.

I can even rename it without the "***test***" extensions when I do. Just say the word.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Poll looks great, and a good idea too! I tossed in my vote already, for Victory Red, just in case this ends up being the official poll! :D

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Works fine AverageJoe, You got it. I'm not all that happy with the color choices, so unless I'm pleasantly suprized with additional bright colors, it's probably going to be the green, but may be red. I'm sick of a plain bright red. I've had that for years. If it were a mettalic red like on the Crossfire, then I might reorder my choice.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Ff88, we think alike, colors that is. The next hurdle is getting beige/tan/taupe whatever they want to call it, matching interior and top :thumbs

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
solsticeman said:
AverageJoe,

Let me know - if you want I can just move it over to the correct section if you're happy with it, rather than starting a new thread and linking it.

I can even rename it without the "***test***" extensions when I do. Just say the word.
Hi Solsticeman,

"Word" :) Sure, if you could move it and remove the "***test*** that would be great. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Maybe afterwards, I'll start one for colors that are not on the unofficial official list so we can capture some of the good color suggestions...

thanks again,

AverageJoe

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Hi Solsticeman,

"Word" :) Sure, if you could move it and remove the "***test*** that would be great. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Maybe afterwards, I'll start one for colors that are not on the unofficial official list so we can capture some of the good color suggestions...

thanks again,

AverageJoe
A good idea would be to create another thread first to get alternate color ideas, then make a Poll thread around that data.

As I've said before I want my bright orange color for the Solstice, but I don't think I'll ever get it as a base color. However I'm perfectly content with yellow since it's fairly close to orange. My current car is yellow too. I never thought I'd like a yellow car till I went to the dealer and was decided on black, then saw the yellow version on the pedastol, and asked "is that one for sale too?," and it was for the same price too. Fell in love with the color right away on the car.

·
5,600 Posts
Like many of you, I can't decide. Last poll I said 'green'. This poll I said 'red'.

To me, the Solstice is the birth of an American sportscar in the classic vein. The color offerings all seem appropriate for a serious classic sports car. The black of a Jaguar, the silver of a Porsche, the green of a Triumph, the blue of a Corvette, the yellow of a Lamborghini and the red of a Ferrari.

I am leaning toward red because I think red will reinforce the classic blend of subtle curves on the car. And because I have never seen bad looking red sports car. Depending on the red, of course...

Call it red for now, until I can see real life samples of cars in the different colors.

So what is the "classic" Pontiac color? The black of a 70's Trans Am, or what?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I originally voted for green, but on this poll I went with the yellow. My son saw a yellow one with a black top and said it reminded him of the Corvette yellow, sooooo.....yellow is my new choice.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If you're interested in what these colors look like prior to voting, you can go to the Solstice page I put together. It has my color samples and the Photoshop images Solsticeman made.

http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/solstice.htm

You might want to add the link to your initial post in this thread AverageJoe.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
so

according to brentil, the new orange is yellow,

Red is the new Green for Jimbo

but yellow could also be the new green...

I'm so confused :confused :lol

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
This week I'm back to dark silver but I keep hearing a little voice whispering, "Go for it! Stand out from the crowd! Get the Yellow!". Was less than impressed with the silver on the show car. Because of the nature of the color, as you moved around the car it appeared that the different panels weren't exactly the same shade, kinda like a bad finder bender fix. But I'm hoping that the darker silver will lessen that characteristic. Silver or Yellow, I plan on adding wide black stripes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts