Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
At least it has family identity, the front looks like a Bug with the roof cut off. To make it worth buying you have to get the V6, and that's going to get you close to a good used Boxter. I'd rather have the Boxter.

Solstice blows it away in price and looks, plus the R is a VW!! IMHO VW's are very over rated. Just because a car comes from Germany, does not mean it is a precision race ready endurance machine designed by Von Braun's rocket scientists. Most German cars are just like most cars from all other countries... ordinary. VW's are deffinately ordinary, and the uninspired R reflects that. Most Pontiacs are pretty ordinary too, but why pay a premium for ordinary? The difference is Pontiac broke out of ordinary some how and made the Solstice. VW tried to break out, but remained ordinary with the R.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I am always excited to see ac company produce a new sports car, and this one is no exception. I saw their concept in person last winter and it looks pretty good in person. I don’t think its as good as the Solstice, but its not bad. They were looking at a price around $30K if I remember correctly, which certainly puts it in another league than the solstice is fighting in. However, VW could make this one really nice machine too. Take the 3.2L V6 and the DSG (do I have that right) transmission from the Audi and it would be a rocket!

It wasn’t in the right form… but we’ll fix that. When you read the title to the thread, think “potential Solstice competitors” There, now its Solstice related! :cheers

·
Registered
533 Posts
That car was on my radar since I'm looking to replace my closed roof sports car with a roadster. If the Solstice doesn't turn out to be what I expect, I would keep the VW on my list. If the Solstice lives up to its current billing, I should have one in my garage long before the VW hits the market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts