Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wacha gunna do with it?

Alot of people on here sound like they have definate plans to race their Solstice, others not. I was just curious to see what plans people have when they get theirs. I plan to use mine as a daily driver. I included a poll just cuz I think they'er kinda fun... I don't know why! :lurk

·
Registered
284 Posts
I will be replacing my '79 Camaro with the Solstice as my daily driver. The '79 will then undergo a complete frame up restoration.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I went with option 2. I doubt I'll be able to risk the temptation to use it as a daily driver every day it's above 30 F and not raining... well, not raining too hard at least. Drove my Miata as much as I could, and never had the top up. Should have just removed the top entirely. It only rains on you when you're sitting still.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Unfortunately SCCA club racing does not allow charging in showroom stock category. Could only vote once, so my first one (N.A.) will probably be a full time racer.

The second one? Maybe daily driver/autox depending on how fast it is, what future engine options are available, and what I learn with road racing.

·
Registered
275 Posts
"Limited-slip differential, transmission and differential ratios, clutch mechanisms, and carburetion, fuel injection or supercharger induction systems must be standard as herein defined"
"An item of standard or optional equipment that could have been ordered with the car, installed on the factory production line, and delivered through a dealer in the United States."

See http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Rules/stock.html

Where is forced induction prohibited or is this something new ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
see for me its hards cause of me living in a country where you can only drive a car like this for 6months of the year.....so I chose weekend fun car only cause I can only drive it the Spring/summer time...it will be my daily driver in the summer and then I will have a winter beater...sumthin like an old beat up SUV of some sort.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
padgett said:

Where is forced induction prohibited or is this something new ?

SCCA Club Racing. Showroom stock rules. SSB or SSC - either one excludes forced induction. T2 (which is a big step up and assuming it would get classified there) allows it as OE but you'll be running against very stiff competition (I think the Honda S2000 runs in T2, but there's no national category for T2 classification, just the Showroom Stock).

Club Racing - That's wheel to wheel on a road-racing course with full roll cage, window net, fire suppression system, driver's suit-helmet-boots-gloves-and flame retardant underwear.

Chicanes are "rolling" and made out of other 2500 lb pieces of metal, not cones :lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts