Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just notified today that all people on who are still on the waitlist will not be getting an EOP car. Here is the email sent to me. I'm OK with it though, because I can use my GM card earnings now.
Once again, thank you for your time and interest in participating
in the Solstice Early Order Program. We have completed our
verification process and we are sorry that you were not among the
first 1,000 orders.

We are grateful for the level of interest and response this
program has generated in the marketplace. With demand this high,
we will continue to look for ways to meet the expectations of
our customers.

If you have not already done so, you can still be the first on
your block to own a Solstice by placing an early order with
your dealership.

Thanks again for your participation and for the passion and
enthusiasm you have expressed for Pontiac and the new vehicles
we're introducing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
We are grateful for the level of interest and response this program has generated in the marketplace. With demand this high, we will continue to look for ways to meet the expectations of
our customers.
Is it just me, or shouldn't they try to BEAT the expectations of their customers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Got the same email :(
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
I was just notified today that all people on who are still on the waitlist will not be getting an EOP car. Here is the email sent to me.
From Conejo148's post:


Solstice Early Order Program Follow-Up ... all consumers who participated in the early order program will receive a follow-up e-mail early next week to thank them for their participation and to inform them that the verification process is nearly complete.

In addition, select top-tier waitlisted customers will receive a second e-mail during the week of May 9th indicating that they may still have a chance for one of the First 1,000 vehicles in the event of an order cancellation.

All remaining lower-tier waitlisted customers will be informed by e-mail that the list of First 1,000 customers has been finalized and that they may still place an early order with their local dealership if they have not already done so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I thought GM was sending 2 Dear John letters....One for people way down the waitlist and another for people towards the top that may still have a chance? Anyone receive a different email?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Two tiers of wait list... I think this was the email to the "lower-tier"

EOP HQ had previously said that there would be two tiers to the wait list. I'm guessing that those of you who received the above email were in the second tier.

The two tiers are described at: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2270
conejo148 said:
Solstice Early Order Program Follow-Up ... all consumers who participated in the early order program will receive a follow-up e-mail early next week to thank them for their participation and to inform them that the verification process is nearly complete. In addition, select top-tier waitlisted customers will receive a second e-mail during the week of May 9th indicating that they may still have a chance for one of the First 1,000 vehicles in the event of an order cancellation. All remaining lower-tier waitlisted customers will be informed by e-mail that the list of First 1,000 customers has been finalized and that they may still place an early order with their local dealership if they have not already done so. In mid-May, we will send out a direct mail piece to all consumers who were not among the First 1,000 that will include a thank-you letter from Pontiac and their respective local dealership along with either a Solstice poster-fold sales piece (for waitlisted customers) or a full-line catalog (for customers who participated on-line, but did not visit a Pontiac dealership).
I looked carefully at the list put together by Excelsior at http://ddz.net/solstice/ and only found one of you, Adrenaline, listed, and at that, no time stamp for the wait list intake time.... I didn't see any early (prior to 2:41 EDT) wait listed folks had replied to this thread, so... I think this was the message to the "lower-tier" wait list... :(

I'm glad that some folks have managed to make other arrangements to get cars from normal allocation. Bear in mind, that most of us simply expected that our orders would be exactly that, initial dealer allocation.

I'm sorry. I do wish there were more I could do. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Small Dealer beat me to the punch!

Small Dealer said:
From Conejo148's post:


Solstice Early Order Program Follow-Up ... all consumers who participated in the early order program will receive a follow-up e-mail early next week to thank them for their participation and to inform them that the verification process is nearly complete.

In addition, select top-tier waitlisted customers will receive a second e-mail during the week of May 9th indicating that they may still have a chance for one of the First 1,000 vehicles in the event of an order cancellation.

All remaining lower-tier waitlisted customers will be informed by e-mail that the list of First 1,000 customers has been finalized and that they may still place an early order with their local dealership if they have not already done so.
You're quick. You're post also breaks down the quote from conejo148 in a way that makes it much easier to read, so, Small Dealer, you've trumped me both with speed and style! ;)
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
You're quick. You're post also breaks down the quote from conejo148 in a way that makes it much easier to read, so, Small Dealer, you've trumped me both with speed and style! ;)
I may have speed, but your posts have depth and knowledge.

My job here is done ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
I looked carefully at the list put together by Excelsior at http://ddz.net/solstice/ and only found one of you, Adrenaline, listed, and at that, no time stamp for the wait list intake time.... I didn't see any early (prior to 2:41 EDT) wait listed folks had replied to this thread, so... I think this was the message to the "lower-tier" wait list... :(
:(
My time stamp was 2:37 and I got my rejection letter yesterday (I had sent my info to Excelsior but my name didn't get posted on the list) No one at EOP HQ could tell me why people with later time stamps got cars and I did not. In fact, one person told me the time stamp meant nothing (I know this can of worms appears in other threads, but it happened to me too!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,406 Posts
suki said:
My time stamp was 2:37 and I got my rejection letter yesterday (I had sent my info to Excelsior but my name didn't get posted on the list) No one at EOP HQ could tell me why people with later time stamps got cars and I did not. In fact, one person told me the time stamp meant nothing (I know this can of worms appears in other threads, but it happened to me too!)
Your name has been on the list, but as confirmed with the first call. I can only go by what I see that has been posted or PMed to me. I will make your correction now. :)
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top