Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I called GM HQ today to see how many more conformation calls they had left. She couldn't give me an exact number but said by today or tomorrow they should be done. I also asked her the status on the disqualifications and she said they are reviewing those as we speak. As I am currently on the wait list, I am hoping to be picked as one of the lucky 1000 and receive a car. Her opinion was that by the end of the week anyone on the wait list should be notifed if they are in fact going to be receiving a vehicle. So this could be excellent news, or false hope....

If anyone is on the wait list and receives a call or e-mail, please respond to this post so we can gather some data on how many individuals actually were disqualified and us wait listers get the thumbs up. :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SolsTis06 said:
If anyone is on the wait list and receives a call or e-mail, please respond to this post so we can gather some data on how many individuals actually were disqualified and us wait listers get the thumbs up. :thumbs:
I recommend changing the name on this thread, so that us waitlisters can easily locate it when our time (hopefully) comes. :(

Remember that they are alloting four days/four calls for attempts to reach each waitlisted person before moving down the list to the next person. So I am expecting the process of moving people from the waitlist to the EOP to be a pretty slow one.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Well, it is official... I lose

I just received this e-mail from Pontiac. I quess I will have to be content with one of the first allotment after all. Ah well, it is still going to be awsome!!

Pontiac said:
Once again, thank you for your time and interest in participating
in the Solstice Early Order Program. We have completed our
verification process and we are sorry that you were not among the
first 1,000 orders.

We are grateful for the level of interest and response this
program has generated in the marketplace. With demand this high,
we will continue to look for ways to meet the expectations of
our customers.

If you have not already done so, you can still be the first on
your block to own a Solstice by placing an early order with
your dealership. *

Thanks again for your participation and for the passion and
enthusiasm you have expressed for Pontiac and the new vehicles
we're introducing.
Notice: They also say "We have completed..."

·
Registered
600 Posts
My dealer told me today that the guy that was waitlisted, when I got one of the first 1,000, was called and told he is getting one of the first 1,000. So, my dealership, very small, got two. Hope more member were/will be notified that they will be getting one of the first 1,000. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
My dealer got call #2 today (Wed)

He got a hold of me shortly after, and things look good... little bit of sweat on my end... I may very well be about the last one in the 1000. At the dealer on the 15th, he probably had to hit 'resubmit' 100 times as the website, as most of us know, was so overloaded with traffic. Each new page with info got hung up several times. I'm not even going to mention my final time in because it was pending for so long. There were 17 orders that day, and I'm the lucky 1
By the way... has anyone mentioned "East Coast Bias" from that day that would rival NCAA football polls and Heisman Trophey balloting?
hint- I'm in San Diego

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nobody would tell me anything

I've been trying to find out my waitlist status. I called my dealer and I called the EOP HQ line, and I referenced the info I found on other discussion threads (such as "It's raining solstices"). My dealer (this is the manager of one of the largest dealerships in Dallas) just kept saying "I don't know what Pontiac is doing, I just don't know what's going on". The people I taked to on the HQ line could give me no information on the waitlist. Nobody seemed to know about the 2 year's free car care when I mentioned it to them.

Then last night I got the email stating that I was not among the first 1000 orders. So obviously SOMEONE knew my status, but no one would provide it to me.

I'm still going to be happy to get my car one day, but for now :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
suki said:
Then last night I got the email stating that I was not among the first 1000 orders. So obviously SOMEONE knew my status, but no one would provide it to me.

I'm still going to be happy to get my car one day, but for now :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Time to regroup and get into your dealer's regular allocation if you haven't already done that. Good luck, the cars will come.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
It is frustrating! I've gotten no e-mails to date, have had conflicting stories from different dealers, the GM HQ people seem to be reading off a script and there's different applications/interpretations of the "rules & regulations".
It does feels like a "fly by the seat of your pants" operation. But, I like to fly so I'm game. :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
suki said:
I've been trying to find out my waitlist status. I called my dealer and I called the EOP HQ line, and I referenced the info I found on other discussion threads (such as "It's raining solstices"). My dealer (this is the manager of one of the largest dealerships in Dallas) just kept saying "I don't know what Pontiac is doing, I just don't know what's going on". The people I taked to on the HQ line could give me no information on the waitlist. Nobody seemed to know about the 2 year's free car care when I mentioned it to them.
I don't know how ligitamate this whole waitlist thing is. I too called the HQ line looking for my number in line. They emailed me back and said that the waitlist info will not be released.

Hmmmm. sounds fishy to me :willy:

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
The rep said that the car would be delivered after the first 1,000 got theirs. She also said the offer came with a 24 month free maintenance program which could not be transferrable to the other dealer. -solli4me
For full quote see "It's Raining Solstices" - This refers to an offer GM made to a "select few" (I was one of them due to a tech issue.)

·
5,641 Posts
solli4me said:
For full quote see "It's Raining Solstices" - This refers to an offer GM made to a "select few" (I was one of them due to a tech issue.)

Thank you for pointing it out. I hadn't read that far into the thread before.

And that explains why no one knew anything about it with suki asked. Your post says it was offer to a "select few".

·
Registered
8 Posts
"It's raining Solstices" seems to refer to two technical problems. One issue refers to people with time stamps earlier than 2:42 who got messed up. I'm one of those - my time stamp is 2:37. I know it's getting late in the game, but is there any satisfaction I can get from GM/Pontiac at this point? thanks

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
suki said:
"It's raining Solstices" seems to refer to two technical problems. One issue refers to people with time stamps earlier than 2:42 who got messed up. I'm one of those - my time stamp is 2:37. I know it's getting late in the game, but is there any satisfaction I can get from GM/Pontiac at this point? thanks
I'm not the expert in this tech problem that's being addressed in the other thread but it seems to be a very small group of people who had an order completed on the 15th (i.e. not on the waiting list) but didn't have a confirmation/reference # assigned by the system. I'd have to assume it's a small group of people who had that glitch.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The HQ people are hired 3rd party vendors. They only know what Pontiac tells them. One of the reasons that somebody's specific spot on the list will not be revealed is that if you know your are next in line, that might cause you to do something irrational. Sounds crazy, but possible. Another factor is that if you know you are way back on the list, you might again do something irrational to move up the list. There is a wiatlist, but they do not have it in Misouri, it's in Illinois.

Not to say that You, whomever You may be, are an irrational person, it's a distinct possibilty, but not a definite reality. You just might be one of Them, and We all know how bad They can be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have contacted gm 4 times every time is a diffrent answer i would like to see the list of cars with their special number and time it was issued they tell me that is confidential i donot care who e mail address just to see the time from thursday

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
john batakis said:
i have contacted gm 4 times every time is a diffrent answer i would like to see the list of cars with their special number and time it was issued they tell me that is confidential i donot care who e mail address just to see the time from thursday
Why do you want to see the entire list of times for the cars? We know the end time (~2:42pm EST), so if your validation time was before that you should have an EOP car. If it's after that your SOL.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts