Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband just called from the dealer, he is on the wait list and so is the guy that was 2nd in line there. :brentil:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's actually 2:51pm EST now.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Yes, it's actually 2:51pm EST now.
NO! It's 1:59 EST!

They really made me angry with this. They specified EASTERN TIME, not EASTERN STANDARD TIME. There is an hour difference, and it made all the difference. I am so pissed.

I live in Indiana. We are EST.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm on the wait list

:cool: Iam on the wait list! I just got a call from the dealer my wait list # is time stamped 1:54 (I am assuming this is Detroit time. Although my dealer started entering orders at 1:45 Eastern time)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I am on the wait list too. I can't believe the way this all went down. I was at my dealer to see my order be placed. For the first 1/2 hour AT LEAST, none of the staff could even get logged in, due to Server Too Busy or Server Timed Out errors. Then when you finally get to the part where you verify the customer, it would give some bogus error on the Zip Code, saying it needed to be five digits, even though it was already five digits!

Two orders from my dealer made it through, but as I was the third one to get past the server traffic, it was too late and I am wait listed.

Now I can stress for several more weeks while waiting for a call from GM that may or may not come.

I hope lots of people prove to be ineligible during the verification process, so I can move from the wait list to the First 1000. :devil:

As it stands, the worst case for me is that I am the first order out of my dealer's regular 4 month allocation. Hopefully deliveries of those cars won't be too far behind the First 1000!

·
Registered
670 Posts
3:00 Edt

As of 3:00 EDT 21 EOP orders had been bounced out and over 2000 on wait list according to Pontiac 800 hotline at dealer. :brentil:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
dengel said:
I am on the wait list too. I can't believe the way this all went down. I was at my dealer to see my order be placed. For the first 1/2 hour AT LEAST, none of the staff could even get logged in, due to Server Too Busy or Server Timed Out errors. Then when you finally get to the part where you verify the customer, it would give some bogus error on the Zip Code, saying it needed to be five digits, even though it was already five digits!
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1868

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I too missed the first 1000.

Thinking of now waiting till they offer Supplier Program pricing.

Salesman was great at my dealer, said only MSRP pricing, but shared invoice pricing with me. They think it will be a long time before GM offers Supplier discounts.

Guess we will see!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don't want to seem cold about the people that did not get in the first 1000 but we all had the same problem. My dealer had to deal with the server crash just like everyone else, we just got lucky that is all it boils down to. It is like all other contests some win some loose. When 2:30 rolles around I figured all was lost but we kept trying and I would have been a little let down if I had not got in but would not have felt cheated had it not worked out for me. Even if the system worked flawless there would have still been thousands that did not make it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Fortimir said:
NO! It's 1:59 EST!

They really made me angry with this. They specified EASTERN TIME, not EASTERN STANDARD TIME. There is an hour difference, and it made all the difference. I am so pissed.

I live in Indiana. We are EST.
For the record, if I lived in the ONLY state on the East coast (And one of only 2 states in the entire U.S.) that decided not to participate in daylight savings time, I think I would be familiar with this problem.

Were you not aware that the rest of us are on Daylight Savings Time?

Flagg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts