Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the play book said they couldn't tell you what # you are on the wait list, but that has to be BS, if that were true, they wouldn't know who 1001 was to give them the car when the first person was disqualified. Does anyone know how to figure out where they are on the list?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Primus said:
All it means is that the order that you were accepted into the EOP is not specifically the order of your VIN.
I think Skyhigh is talking specifically about the wait list. We're trying to gather time hacks from everyone here who has made it and has not made it so we can approximate our positions in the queue. It looks like the cutoff time may have been 1:42:43 central time. There are a couple of people who for some reason got wait-listed prior to that. Excelsior (sp?) has started a thread and is building a chart to track the info in the apprentice/1000 sub-forum.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2KWK4U said:
I think Skyhigh is talking specifically about the wait list. We're trying to gather time hacks from everyone here who has made it and has not made it so we can approximate our positions in the queue. It looks like the cutoff time may have been 1:42:43 central time. There are a couple of people who for some reason got wait-listed prior to that. Excelsior (sp?) has started a thread and is building a chart to track the info in the apprentice/1000 sub-forum.
Exactly. Is there a website or a phone # to call to find out where you are?

·
Registered
338 Posts
skyhigh said:
Exactly. Is there a website or a phone # to call to find out where you are?
I was one of the few who got wailisted prior to the 2:40 (EDT) something time. After looking at some posts about who got in at what time, I called the EOP again Sat. morning, and they said theat they did not have the waitlisted names yet. Prolly won't until Mon afternoon. They do have (or will have) a list, but I've been told by higher-ups that they won't release it to any dealers to maintain the integrity of the program, more likely to keep the dealers straight.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
From what I saw in my dealer's playbook, your place in line on the waitlist is determined by the date and time stamp of "your request to be placed on the wait list".

I myself was too flustered and disappointed by not getting into the EOP to pay attention, but I plan to call on Monday and see if they will at least tell me what the time stamp was.

From what I understand, the only part they won't tell you is your rank/place in line. But if enough people here post the time stamps, we should get a good idea of how far down the list we might be.

The GM at my dealership said they expect up to 60-75 people to cancel/be disqualified, giving hope to us on the wait list.

·
Registered
338 Posts
dengel said:
From what I saw in my dealer's playbook, your place in line on the waitlist is determined by the date and time stamp of "your request to be placed on the wait list".

I myself was too flustered and disappointed by not getting into the EOP to pay attention, but I plan to call on Monday and see if they will at least tell me what the time stamp was.

From what I understand, the only part they won't tell you is your rank/place in line. But if enough people here post the time stamps, we should get a good idea of how far down the list we might be.

The GM at my dealership said they expect up to 60-75 people to cancel/be disqualified, giving hope to us on the wait list.
I was told about 4%-5% weed-out, so that number seems in line. I'm going to guess that a 2:50 EDT timestamp will get you in. Again, just MY personal guess.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
conejo148 said:
I was told about 4%-5% weed-out, so that number seems in line. I'm going to guess that a 2:50 EDT timestamp will get you in. Again, just MY personal guess.

Man, Steve. I sure hope you're right. We need to spread the word around on late delivery to weed out some of the impulse buyers!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Too bad the wait list isn't within a dealer instead of national. A dealer will lose a car if their buyer falls off the EOP list but the other way they could replace them with someone from their dealership on the wait list. This is because the EOP is an extra above their normal allocation.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
SolAnonInsider said:
Remember, just because you're in early, doesn't mean you're near the front. Over 1000 people went onto the waitlist in the first 10 minutes.
In the first 10 minutes as in by 2:10, or as in by 2:42? My waitlist time hack is 1:43:00 (central time, 2:43:00 corrected to eastern time). As far as we've determined here, other than an anomoly or two, I'm the earliest forum member on the waitlist after the last order went to a forum member. Granted, we don't have the data from all 1,000 winners and 4,000+ folks on the wait list, but I'm confident that I'm pretty high on the wait list.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have no clue what my wait list time is. I went to the dealer and they couldn't pull it up. When they put me on the wait list, I was still in a daze because I didn't make the first 1000.

·
Registered
121 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
I have no clue what my wait list time is. I went to the dealer and they couldn't pull it up. When they put me on the wait list, I was still in a daze because I didn't make the first 1000.
Todd,

Did anyone at your dealership (what's the name) get one? I was told noone from Fayetteville and Sanford got one. I do remeber seeing one here from Cary though - and of course, mine from Southern Pines.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I just tried to call the EOP hotline to find out the time stamp of my waitlist entry, and they said they couldn't help me with that kind of information. I know it was after 2:42pm (obviously) and before 2:50pm, but that could make a big difference. I am now going to calling the dealer later to see if this info was somehow retained on their local PC.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Part of the Dealers Solstice1000.com web site is a area called reports. The dealer can go into reports and see who is regestored, wait listed, and pending. If you are pending he can print out your confirmation sheet. You will find your Time Stamp on that sheet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts