Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested you can pay $34,165 for a Sol @ Norman Gale in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey. These guys are such scumbags, they were trying to tell me that GM is gonna stop making Sols and that they are strictly collector cars which is how they justify selling them for so much. I literally argued with the general manager for 15 minutes about how wrong he was. When I mentioned that GM made the Sol to compete with the Miata he said GM never wanted to compete with the Miata and that the Sol will never be mass produced like them. And last but not least he said the car had options in it it didnt have and the sticker was a photo copy. For example it didnt have the 6 disc or the monsoon speakers and when I called him on it he said oh your right. :brentil: For $10000 over sticker he can go "f" himself I could go buy a 2003 prosche. What can I do to report these guys besides that boycott website!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You could check with your state attorney generals office.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The sad thing is some poor sap is going to pay that price. I almost ended up paying over MSRP because need outweighed dealer greed. Fortunately, I stumbled over these forums and I made a greater effort to find a dealership who looked down upon those charging over MSRP. I just hope that people interested in the Solstice would join this forum and educate themselves as to pricing as well as features of the vehicle... Remember: Knowing is half the battle. YO SOL!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I bought my car on RT 23 in riverdale NJ, Great place,No hassle.Funny i went their to get on the waiting list.That day a person canceled their order for a Solstice .I showed up, the salesmen said i could have it, 18 days later Im driving around in my cool Solstice :) Jumped right over the people on the list
I feel bad ,i never had to wait like everybody else.NOT :)

Got it for MSRP :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
KLECKO said:
I bought my car on RT 23 in riverdale NJ, Great place,No hassle.Funny i went their to get on the waiting list.That day a person canceled their order for a Solstice .I showed up, the salesmen said i could have it, 18 days later Im driving around in my cool Solstice :) Jumped right over the people on the list
I feel bad ,i never had to wait like everybody else.NOT :)

Got it for MSRP :)
Nice, I pass that dealer often going down 23. There is also a small dealer on 23 north too.

Moving to the northest forum.

·
4,592 Posts
I've called lots of Calif dealers, most are not asking over msrp, but there are a several. I've reported 4 to the boycot list.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Someone should tell him not to charge Canadian dollar prices in the U.S. :glol:

I'm so glad I never used that Norman Gale place.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So that's the Sol I saw sitting on the showroom floor last weekend.

Maybe they're offering a really good deal on a Mallet conversion? j/k

1 - 10 of 10 Posts