Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my fair share of whining on this forum. If we all could have been able to go to the dealer and pick your choice of the car right off the lot i wonder if we would all be as excited as we are waiting and frustraited for the car to get delivered. We have not been able to have are cake and eat too. I think the long wait has built more momentom for this car we cant put are hands on. I live in the winter belt i will be storing mine in my garage for at leat six months. I called my insurance man it will only cost me fifty dollars to store my solstice for the winter. The leaves are dropping the convertable days are numbered in other words we will all have the car some day we just got to be patient. BE HAPPY THAT WE WILL ALL GET ONE SOONER OR LATER :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
dave clancy said:
I think the long wait has built more momentom for this car we cant put are hands on

If this were true we'd have more posts saying "Thank God for the wait, I want to be with you guys!" But I've seen a whole lot more posts like "I've had it, keep your car!"

I do believe the "momentum" is at least starting to subside. While cars are still hot in some markets I've been getting calls recently from past dealers I tried to go through telling me they now have unclaimed allocations available. Seems well over 10% of the first 1K are up for sale and a good number of the post 1K as well. The profiteers will make their money over the next week or two then we will see what the real demand is. The sizzle is still there but it is starting to cool.

Sure I'll be glad to get my car someday, but no way am I happy for the wait. I'm reminded of the cartoon of the vulture sitting in a tree, say's to his friend, "screw patience, I'm going to kill something!"

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand what going your thru. This is my first time in my life i ordered a car. All other new ones were bought off the lot. I dont even have a build date. I complain alot to my friends They tell me no bitchen is going to get your car built any faster. I do believe we will all remember this as one frustraiting car to get , but when your car comes in it will worth the wait :)

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Just to jump in the middle of this...

I'm pretty sure I will not see my car before April, probably late May. The "advantage" of the wait for me is more time to save $$ for the down payment. If I take delivery at the end of May, I should have nearly $9K for my down, with about $3K more to pay at the end of June (teaching summer school pays off in the end!). So, I just keep surfing the forum, living vicariously through those driving theirs already, and try to keep smiling. :)

Patience is a virtue (or so they tell me. I never could wait to find out. :lol: )

--Chemist

·
Registered
95 Posts
Momentum

What I expect is going to happen is when a significant number of Solstices hit the street and John Q Public sees them things are really gonna takeoff. If you think theres a demand for them now wait 6 months and see what happens. I think they will sell themselves and all we've see so far is the tip of the iceburg. Right now 80% of the car buying public isn't even aware of the existenance of the Solstice once people start seeing them I really expect the demand to surge.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just thought about these numbers, there is two thousand pontiac dealers in the united states if each dealer was to obtain lets say ten solstices each for the whole model year thats twenty thousand cars for the entire year. now throw in fact that they began shipping in august we all knew this was a low production car. I GUESS WE ALL SHOULD OF HAVE KNOWN THIS WAS GOING TO BE A LONG WAIT TO GET THIS CAR :willy: :willy: :willy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts