Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved to NJ and (unfortunately) it's a front plate state.
Need a front license plate mount and would prefer if I could find something local or reasonably close enough for a drive.
Thx

·
Premium Member
5,262 Posts
ebay is the best chance for a front plate holder.

Welcome from Burlington County NJ !

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,816 Posts
Did you hit up the forum memeber HoosierGXP. He parts out lots of Solstices...
Also Redline Auto in Florida parts them out...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have one I don't need, I could put it in a flat rate box to NJ for say $30.00 total with shipping. Lent me know if you are interested.

Reactions: rob the elder

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
You may want to check with the state DMV for a waiver since the car does not have a mounted bracket for a license plate. There have been others reporting on the forum over the years of not mounting a front plate in states where required. The state might offer a written waiver.

·
Registered
2009 GXP Coupe.
37 Posts
Oregon is also a front plate state, but I have only ever been hassled once about it, and that was driving a Jeep where the front plate was ripped off in a winching 'incident'.
I do have a plan for a story to tell the Officer should I ever get pulled over in the coupe: I'll just tell him that I bought the car from out of state, and the plate holder is on intergalactic backorder. Pinkie swears!
Not saying it will work, but that's the story I'm going with.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I have a 2007 gxp of which I have replace the stock one with a hide plate for ford mustangs,pop rivits in place and you can take the plate off by pushing 2 buttons.works great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ebay is the best chance for a front plate holder.

Welcome from Burlington County NJ !
Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out.

Also, it's more of a "homecoming" for us. We left Washington Twp 7 years ago and are now back in Williamstown, not far from Shamong. Maybe we can get together for a run some day!

·
Premium Member
5,262 Posts

Also, it's more of a "homecoming" for us. We left Washington Twp 7 years ago and are now back in Williamstown, not far from Shamong. Maybe we can get together for a run some day!
fyi
... car show at Silver Diner in Cherry Hill , NJ on 9/5/22

·
Registered
18 Posts

Moved to NJ and (unfortunately) it's a front plate state.
Need a front license plate mount and would prefer if I could find something local or reasonably close enough for a drive.
Thx

Hi,
I have one if you haven’t found one yet.
just make a offer I’m in Ct

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts