Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a 2007, 2008, or 2009 in mean yellow. Must be GXP and manual transmission. Must have super low miles. Got one you've keep garaged and haven't driven much? Let me know - I'm interested.

Edit: I'm looking for a solstice that has minimal to no customizations.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry but I don't care for his car at all. I don't like the wheels and don't like that the car is an inch or so off the ground - that's gonna be a problem for the first curb or shopping center entrance I drive in that is pitched downward. I know some people love these types of changes but I don't - it's just personal preference. I want a solstice that's as close to pure as possible.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My wife's '07 has 40k miles on it. Think you could convince her to sell it?

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
Sorry but I don't care for his car at all. I don't like the wheels and don't like that the car is an inch or so off the ground - that's gonna be a problem for the first curb or shopping center entrance I drive in that is pitched downward. I know some people love these types of changes but I don't - it's just personal preference. I want a solstice that's as close to pure as possible.
It's a nice car.

The wheels come off

Height is adjustable

Good luck with your search

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
It's a nice car.

The wheels come off

Height is adjustable

Good luck with your search
Agree - certainly not a reason not to buy an otherwise suitable car. Find some stock wheels (cheap) and order up a set of springs and he'd have what he wants with very little additional investment.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree - certainly not a reason not to buy an otherwise suitable car. Find some stock wheels (cheap) and order up a set of springs and he'd have what he wants with very little additional investment.
Yeah that's what I want to do - buy a car and then have to go buy different wheels, springs, and put more money and time in it to restore it from its custom state.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yeah that's what I want to do - buy a car and then have to go buy different wheels, springs, and put more money and time in it to restore it from its custom state.
Ya I wouldn't do that either if I were in the market! Buy a pristine car for way below what it's worth, buy >$1000 worth of crap to put it back to stock, sell all the aftermarket quality components for ~$1500 - $2K or more, just not worth it:crazy:

:lol:

Bert

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ya I wouldn't do that either if I were in the market! Buy a pristine car for way below what it's worth, buy >$1000 worth of crap to put it back to stock, sell all the aftermarket quality components for ~$1500 - $2K or more, just not worth it:crazy:

Bert
Save your breath..... hopeless case.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Bert
Way below what's it's worth? You couldn't be more wrong. Spend a little time following the prices of an 2007 GXP. His asking price is about a $1000 over what it's worth. I don't want a restoration project nor do I want to go out and start selling all the customization parts as you said. This sounds like a perfect fit for you - go buy it. I'm not interested.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Does that mean you're gonna send me more hate mesages privately like you did last week and continue to list your resume to make yourself feel good?
No, I promise I will follow my own advice, like everyone has an obligation to do, and save my breath. You have my word on it. :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I can tell you with utmost certainty....you won't find a Mean Yellow with under 40k on it for less then $16k. I had a yellow Mustang, I wanted a yellow Sol or Sky. I couldn't afford it. I bought mine with 38k on it for $17k 2.5 years ago...then the yellows were going for $20k+....and orange, if you could find them were around $22k. If you don't find one, I doubt it will be "unmolested". These cars have been around for a while now and everyone likes to "personalize" their car. Good luck with your search...time to be realistic....

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can tell you with utmost certainty....you won't find a Mean Yellow with under 40k on it for less then $16k. I had a yellow Mustang, I wanted a yellow Sol or Sky. I couldn't afford it. I bought mine with 38k on it for $17k 2.5 years ago...then the yellows were going for $20k+....and orange, if you could find them were around $22k. If you don't find one, I doubt it will be "unmolested". These cars have been around for a while now and everyone likes to "personalize" their car. Good luck with your search...time to be realistic....
Saw one on Cars.com back in October - 2007 GXP with 11k miles for $12,500. Contacted the seller - it had already sold - in one day. Another 2007 GXP with 12K miles was available in late October for $13,500. This one had leather seats which I felt justified the extra $1000. Didn't get it - seller decided to hold onto it awhile longer - so I'm keeping an eye out for it to see if it pops back up. Saw another one in Plainfield Indiana for $15,500 on Craiglist with 11K miles, GXP, and leather - passed cause it was an automatic.

So I disagree with you that you can't find one less than $16K - especially if you're considering a 2007. Prices on these keep going down. The 2008 GXP adds about $3500K to the price. So $17K for a 2008 is the ballpark I look for in a 2008 - give or take a bit of course.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts