Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long shot, but I would like to get a set of Street edition twin spoke wheels for my coupe. Anyone have a set available?

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Jeff: would look great on your car. James just sold his other Solstice and had a set of street edition. Maybe he kept them? If I see any I’ll contact you.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the tip, but 285 X 3 plus $156.90 for shipping is a bit to steep for me that would be $1011.90 plus the $175 I spent for the one wheel I have coming would be almost $1200 for a set of stock wheels. But nice to know if I am down to just needing 1 to complete the set I can justify it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Glad that I bought mine new when they were still available on the secondary market after the GM bail out. They were very expensive from GM - ~$800 per wheel range IIRC. (That was more than I paid for a full new set a few years later).

Keep trying though - someone will come through if you wait long enough (or make an offer for those as was suggested)..

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump, I found one reconditioned one so now I just need 2 more.

Reactions: WickedMike

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Keep on looking - you will probably find them eventually if you are patient.

I bought my coupe new and the brochure for Canada only showed the Q9Y wheels as a simple option with no mention of being available only on a special edition. I started looking right away and managed to acquire 5 of them new in the box when they were selling off excess stock from the floundering GM, but since then they have been pretty hard to find.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the encouragement, I have 2 reconditioned wheels now, with a line on a 3rd.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I found a dealership that says they have 3, new $237.47 each, $50 core charge each, & $29.00 each shipped. Still over $300 shipped but I went for it. I will see if they actually have them, or if they refund the $$$, Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Well I found a dealership that says they have 3, new $237.47 each, $50 core charge each, & $29.00 each shipped. Still over $300 shipped but I went for it. I will see if they actually have them, or if they refund the $$$, Fingers crossed.
Jeff: Glad you found something and hope you get them. I think that will make your car really nice. Cya in May!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well they just refunded my $$$ and said they were mistaken about having them in stock. So I am still looking for 2 wheels:(

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Well they just refunded my $$$ and said they were mistaken about having them in stock. So I am still looking for 2 wheels:(
Bummer! I’ll keep looking

1 - 14 of 14 Posts