Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 (2.4 ) want to but a complete kit to install turbo . my car is 100 % stock . can somebody please point me in the correct direction . I am not looking to go crazy with horse power if possible a 100 horse boost . thanks ! :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
Personal experience for the money and ease of installation you can't go wrong with a Hann Racecraft kit . Their stage 2 kit is a nice set up for a street car and you should be able to get into one for under $3500 and upgrades are available ..Another option would be DDM Works supercharger kit a bit more but you can't beat Dave and his staff for service after the sale and a well made product .If you are not in a hurry he sells refurbished kits at times that are basically like new for around $3500 also.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I like Sting have the Hahn stage 2 & it is very drive-able. If you can wait there are discount throughout the year. Let us know if we can be of further help & there are threads on the Hahn install. Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 (2.4 ) want to but a complete kit to install turbo . my car is 100 % stock . can somebody please point me in the correct direction . I am not looking to go crazy with horse power if possible a 100 horse boost . thanks ! :cool:
I have a brand new rpm turbo kit every thing with it I paid 3,700 for it not going to be using it moved on to different project make offer I
Selling it

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Joseph - welcome to the forum. You're replying to a thread that is over 5 years old so I doubt you'll get many bites here. Might want to post in the "for sale" section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay, can you just get me some more info with regards to it. Like the original parts list that came with it, or what website I can look at some more info on it. I am new to this platform, learning as I go but definitely would be interested in making a deal if its what I am hoping.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Is your car fairly low mileage? Adding a turbo on a high mileage engine doesn't always end well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its got 80k on it. If it blows up, will give me a reason to build the bottom end. How do these 5spd trannys hold up with 275-300hp?

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
How do these 5spd trannys hold up with 275-300hp?
Depends on the operator. Used sensibly they are just fine. Start hammering drag racing shifts and it could be another story.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Its got 80k on it. If it blows up, will give me a reason to build the bottom end. How do these 5spd trannys hold up with 275-300hp?
The 5 speed will hold up fine to that and more, better yet the standard clutch will also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 5 speed will hold up fine to that and more, better yet the standard clutch will also.
Good to know. I dont plan on dumping the clutch or power shifting it. Just spirited driving.
Is there anything on the engine you would suggest giving a look at before bolting on a kit?

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Compression check, change spark plugs and fluids.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts