Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I'm actually in shock. This is the second car I've tried to lease from GM and they actually turned me away, both times.

First I tried getting a Cobalt SS when it first came out but I was treated VERY rudely by some Toronto dealers. Then I actually found a really good dealer GM dealer (Williamson) but unfortunately they can't get me a Solstice until 2007! ???

Contacting GM Canada directly didn't yield much. It's not surprising why GM is quickly loosing ground as the top car maker.

I've been a LOYAL Honda guy for years and I can't believe I considered leaving that camp. (the Asian one)

Well, I guess if GM can't sell me a Solstice, I guess I'm going to have to get an MX-5.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Awe gee, thats to bad

·
Registered
350 Posts
They probably can't get you one until 2007 because they have been all sold out. You are just a little late to the game.

That being said there are often ones for sale on ebay and other places. Sometimes you could find it for MSRP if you really tried, but most likely you will have to pay more for it.

Don't give up just because people got to the game before you.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Airbourne Sorryto hear that but you will find williamsons an unbelieveable dealer i have boutght at least a dozen veichiles from them. both myself and Lightning rod bought our soltices at Williamsons. and all thru this soltice thing they have been very honest thats probably why they said they could not get you one. Although things are changing very quickly as in my car was moved up so keep asking call them and others every week. Keep your head up youll find one

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Airborne said:
Wow, I'm actually in shock. This is the second car I've tried to lease from GM and they actually turned me away, both times.

First I tried getting a Cobalt SS when it first came out but I was treated VERY rudely by some Toronto dealers. Then I actually found a really good dealer GM dealer (Williamson) but unfortunately they can't get me a Solstice until 2007! ???

Contacting GM Canada directly didn't yield much. It's not surprising why GM is quickly loosing ground as the top car maker.

I've been a LOYAL Honda guy for years and I can't believe I considered leaving that camp. (the Asian one)

Well, I guess if GM can't sell me a Solstice, I guess I'm going to have to get an MX-5.
I bet if you call around to all the dealerships in the GTA I bet you'd be driving one tomorrow.

It'a all about dedication.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xyz1 said:
Airbourne Sorryto hear that but you will find williamsons an unbelieveable dealer i have boutght at least a dozen veichiles from them. both myself and Lightning rod bought our soltices at Williamsons. and all thru this soltice thing they have been very honest thats probably why they said they could not get you one. Although things are changing very quickly as in my car was moved up so keep asking call them and others every week. Keep your head up youll find one

Hey, I heard about you two guys. I went to see the 3rd Sol at Williamson. I agree they are great guys. I think I saw either you or Lighting rod the other day. Red sol, Infantry Lic plate going across main st stouffville.

I see I'm pretty late to the game, sheesh some of these yanks are kinda rude. I was interested in getting a sol but I think I'll stick to the original sol for now. (I own a Honda del Sol) Very fun car.

I'm not too desperate where I need to call every dealer in town. Who knows maybe in 2-3 years after they've refined this car a bit (if it needs it) and maybe then a turbo version might be available.

Or I'll just stick to the tried and true Honda (S2000) . thoughts....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Airborne said:
It's not surprising why GM is quickly loosing ground as the top car maker.
if they have sold so many preorders that they are "sold out" it doesnt seem to me that they are loosing ground as the top car maker...i cant remember the last time an import (of the common variety...minus ferriari, lambo, etc.) sold out to pre-orders....its not that we are rude (or maybe we are, but when you are that best, its hard not to know it...and ineviatably there will be ppl that take that as being rude.), its just that you will find no simply here coming in 6 months after many of us ordered our cars and saying that you think GM is not meeting the quality that you are looking for after you went to one or two dealerships and they have sold out their alotments. Sounds like GM is even kicking some butt in Canda....Ae.......Canada today, the world tomorrow.

Bob Lutz for world emperor

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Airborne's comment: "I see I'm pretty late to the game, sheesh some of these yanks are kinda rude." was probably directed at ESERIES3 saying "Awe gee, thats to bad." ESERIES3 probably got ticked off when Airborne said "I guess I'm going to have to get an MX-5."

I can understand how ESERIES3 felt about that, but yes, that was rude.

·
5,600 Posts
Airborne said:
I see I'm pretty late to the game, sheesh some of these yanks are kinda rude.
I can only apologize for the unexcusable rudeness of some of us. I find it embarrasing. Sadly, the internet is so impersonal that it tends to make some people like that. And some people are always like that.

Please accept my apology on behalf of the rest of us who don't condone that kind of juvenile behavior.

·
5,600 Posts
Airborne said:
I'm not too desperate where I need to call every dealer in town. Who knows maybe in 2-3 years after they've refined this car a bit (if it needs it) and maybe then a turbo version might be available.

Or I'll just stick to the tried and true Honda (S2000) . thoughts....
Wait a year when the bugs are out. By then you will know if you would rather drive the base car or the turbocharged version. Believe me, it will be just as sweet to drive then as it is now. Don't give up!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Available

Airborne said:

Try Bissell Buick in Ajax. Also had a dealer contact me in London that said they had two

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Airborne said:

Do they sell Saturns there in Canada? You may want to look into getting a Sky.... Bet you could get one of them before you can get a Solstice..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jimbo said:
I can only apologize for the unexcusable rudeness of some of us. I find it embarrasing. Sadly, the internet is so impersonal that it tends to make some people like that. And some people are always like that.

Please accept my apology on behalf of the rest of us who don't condone that kind of juvenile behavior.
Thx I appreciate that. Nice to know that there are still some people out there with some class.

GreatWhiteNorth said:
Try Bissell Buick in Ajax. Also had a dealer contact me in London that said they had two.
Hmmm, I kinda already made up my mind to wait. But I guess it won't hurt to call...

Classic66vair said:
Do they sell Saturns there in Canada? You may want to look into getting a Sky.... Bet you could get one of them before you can get a Solstice...
Yeah they sell Saturns up here. Not too crazy about the sky. Mind you the wife prefers it. I love the front end look of the sol.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Airborne said:
Thx I appreciate that. Nice to know that there are still some people out there with some class.

Hmmm, I kinda already made up my mind to wait. But I guess it won't hurt to call...

Yeah they sell Saturns up here. Not too crazy about the sky. Mind you the wife prefers it. I love the front end look of the sol.
talk to Sean

·
Registered
705 Posts
Airborne said:
Airborne please remember after a wait some have measured in years listening to someone trash GM and praise Honda because GM could not give instant gratification by delivering a Sol the same day they asked for it may get a rude response. May not make it right but I do believe their rudness should be forgiven.

Pull up a chair, enjoy the conversation while you wait...been eight months for me. Though if you don't want to wait and by a S2K can't say I'd blame you...the wait ain't easy.

No offense intended, just trying to explain why someone may feel you stepped on their toes a bit. Truely hope you stick around and get a Sol.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Those Yanks are not rude....you just came on whining that you couldn't get something right away...when some of us have been in line 2+ years

as a Cdn ex-pat I'm waiting patiently.

Go skiing at Blue Mountain while you wait !!!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
sounds like the "newbie" stirred the pot on a Monday morning !!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts