Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
((Moderators)) Maybe it is time for a new Forum?

All:
If you are planning to purchase aftermarket wheels for your Solstice, please consider selling your painted wheels to me.

I need an extra set of rims for race days (to use with my Eagle F1's).

Please PM me with your location and price.

And no, I don't have my Solstice yet...Mid December?

:)

RadRiv

·
Registered
670 Posts
If I get em I'll call

We ordered polished but some guys are saying they are getting the painted instead of what they ordered. If ours come in painted the dealer will be getting the polished or chrome for us. If he wants to get rid of them I will let you know. :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll sell you mine. I ordered stock rims with the thought that I'm going to get custom rims. let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
On the transverse side, I got painted and am now thinking I might like to have the polished. Of course it's too late to change my order, which is fine. Once I've had the car for a while if I feel that something is lacking in the wheels I shall seek out a polished set.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
dori-san said:
On the transverse side, I got painted and am now thinking I might like to have the polished. Of course it's too late to change my order, which is fine. Once I've had the car for a while if I feel that something is lacking in the wheels I shall seek out a polished set.
Wouldn't it be possible to just strip the painted wheels and polish them?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Editguy said:
Wouldn't it be possible to just strip the painted wheels and polish them?
To strip the paint you will need a very aggressive stripper in liquid form that may eat into the wheel itself, or mechanically disturb the wheel. if you are going that route then consider going the whole way and take them to a car restorer that does rechroming. THey can dip them and chrome them for you for not much more than the price of a brand new set of chrome wheels.

·
Registered
106 Posts
In Detroit One Of The 137 [out Of 1000] Told Me That He
Was In The Plating Business And Would Just Do His Own
Wheels When His Car Came .

Do Not Remember Your Name: But If You Are On This Forum
You Could Be Real Helpful Here.

·
Registered
576 Posts
My car is suppose to arrive on Monday the 29th and the invoice says polished wheels.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
FINELY said:
In Detroit One Of The 137 [out Of 1000] Told Me That He
Was In The Plating Business And Would Just Do His Own
Wheels When His Car Came .

Do Not Remember Your Name: But If You Are On This Forum
You Could Be Real Helpful Here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a soltice coming to me in the next 6 weeks, before the end of December 2005, with Painted Wheels. I have decided I want the polished wheels. If you still want to buy a painted set, call me at 704-806-0970. I am Brad in Charlotte, NC.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I have a set of Polished Solstice rims in Phoenix Arizona that I am looking to sell, Any one interested in them please privete message me.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts