Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Wanting to buy new wheels

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  TX08manualGXP 
#1 ·
Using a 15mm 5x110 to 5x114.3 adapter to fit 4 XXR 521 18x10 Flat Black 5-/5-120 [+25mm]

how far will that poke out? I not very familiar with will fitment but will it stick out 30mm?

#2 ·
18x8
55mm offset
65.1mm center bore
5x110mm PCD
~26 lbs (24.6 – 27)

Those are the stock specs. Depends on tires you are using, it may work. It will probably stick out an inch more which will be outside fender a touch. 275s would be closer. There are many calculators out there, and reputable places can confirm fitment before purchase.

Dont take my word, as I am not the expert. I am just a guy with the same car looking at rims also.

#4 ·
Stock wheels are +55, his adapter and wheels= +40 which is less before adding in the extra width which should be evenly inside and outside. If the adapter and wheel were +55 then the increased width would fail. If the wheels were 8 inches, then they would work well as I am looking at +42 wheels at 8inches

ya?

#5 · (Edited)
??? Makes no sense. It is not +40 with adapters and wheel os (before extra width) with what your are calculating.

Again
spacer moves it out +15 mm
OS of those wheels as he noted is +25 mm versus +55 stock which moves it out 30 mm as well.
plus 2 inch wider wheels will move it out again 25.4 mm (1/2 of that or 1 inch).

For your wheel you are looking at, a +42 OS wheel will stick out 13 mm more than stock at +55, both being 8 inch. Add a spacer and you move it out more, by however wide the spacer is.

#8 ·
kwtoxman is correct. 15mm for the spacer, 30mm for the offset difference, 25.4mm for the wider wheel for a total of 70.4mm or 2.77 inches.
Get ready for a look with the wheel sticking out another 40mm than mine below for similar to shabby's.

#9 ·
Just remember to be careful when trying to compensate for the offset and make sure they will clear the calipers. the stock rims are pretty darn close as they are. then you are stuck with a spacer which is a dangerous thing. I've had a couple friends learn the hard way that spacers can be disasterous. of course, they were playing with over 500ft lbs of tourque but still...

#10 ·
I understand better now too. Thanks for the lesson. My apology for the mistake, but it made this thread more popular.
:)

#14 ·
back to my spacer post, I decided to go against my better judgement and install them on the back. went with the 3/16 I think which were the thickest they had and my ECM went haywire. not sure why but it did not like them one bit so I took them back and am back to stock and happy enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.