Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who have met me in person know that my real name should be"Northern Nerd".:willy: To prove this I will give you the brief details of my War of 1812 road trip that I am going on tomorrow in my Sol.....

Toronto to Amherstberg ( near Windsor ) to visit Fort Malden
Windsor to Perrysburg Ohio to visit Fort Meigs
Perrysburg to Erie to visit Erie Maritime Museum and Oliver Perry Monument
Erie to Fort Erie to visit Old Fort Erie.

Yep, I am an exciting guy!:lol: Funny thing is the wife does not want to go on this trip!?!:willy: Wonder why? :willy:

In preparation for this mighty journey I washed, waxed and detailed my Sol. Also, seeing the wife took a pass I felt the need to tonneau!!! Vanity pics as follows:
1) My War of 1812 Vanity plate:cool: A must for me!:thumbs:
2) Tonneau on!:cool:
3) Shot of my Garmin GPS on Kuda mount with tonneau on.
4) Another mod for tonneau lovers. This is a custom roof cover for the Solstice. I use it when I park the car overnight with the tonneau on to keep prying eyes away.
5) A recent mod " Drop Stop" these neoprene piece fits between the seat and console and stops anything from going down the crevice between the seat and console. I love them!:thumbs
Will update this thread as my journey progresses!
Cheers,
Norther Nerd:yesnod:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
What a GREAT trip - but I think ANY trip in my Sol is a GREAT trip. :yesnod: You will have a wonderful time and lots of stories to tell the wife who didn't want to go. Can't understand that . . . :willy:

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
I've had the Drop Stops for quite a while now. Love em... No fishing anything out from between the seat and tunnel

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had the Drop Stops for quite a while now. Love em... No fishing anything out from between the seat and tunnel
I got a pair for the wife's Juke too. Amazing how something so simple becomes so necessary!:thumbs:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Those of you who have met me in person know that my real name should be"Northern Nerd".:willy: To prove this I will give you the brief details of my War of 1812 road trip that I am going on tomorrow in my Sol.....
Can't believe you're not coming to Baltimore to visit Ft. McHenry, where the Star Spangled Banner was written during the War of 1812 by Francis Scott Key. ...the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.... :patriot::patriot::patriot: The bombs are not still bursting there in the Inner Harbor, but most nights you can still hear .38 cal. gunfire. And, another one bites the dust... :kick: 12 shot, 3 dead this weekend. "Baltimore -- people are just dying to leave"

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't believe you're not coming to Baltimore to visit Ft. McHenry, where the Star Spangled Banner was written during the War of 1812 by Francis Scott Key. ...the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.... :patriot::patriot::patriot: The bombs are not still bursting there in the Inner Harbor, but most nights you can still hear gunfire. And, another one bites the dust... :kick:
"Baltimore -- people are dying to leave"
Been there. Done that. I did a trip to Fort McHenry, Aberdeen Proving ground Tank Museum and Gettysburg. All three places were in incredible. The wife came with me on that one which is why she won't do any more "history trips"with me.:cryin:

·
Super Moderator
16,547 Posts
Can't believe you're not coming to Baltimore to visit Ft. McHenry, where the Star Spangled Banner was written during the War of 1812 by Francis Scott Key. ...the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.... :patriot::patriot::patriot: The bombs are not still bursting there in the Inner Harbor, but most nights you can still hear gunfire. And, another one bites the dust... :kick:
"Baltimore -- people are dying to leave"
Quoth the raven, never more...

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Sounds like a great trip!

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Balti, you changed your avatar. hmmm. sounds like a good trip. I like your checklist too. gotta have everything. usually when I travel that far mine goes something like this:

.40 S&W: check
both clips loaded: check
AK in the trunk: check
all 4 mags loaded: check

ha, post some photo's when you can.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is the tonneau homemade and how does it attach?
Tonneau is official GM accessorie that they don't make anymore. Bought mine from my dealership in 2008. If you search "tonneau" you will find much more detail and pics. I have done quite a few postings about it.:thumbs:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Balti, you changed your avatar. hmmm. sounds like a good trip. I like your checklist too. gotta have everything. usually when I travel that far mine goes something like this:

.40 S&W: check
both clips loaded: check
AK in the trunk: check
all 4 mags loaded: check
You cannot have those weapons in MD. It's illegal. Only the criminals can have guns. And once they murder someone, the Democratic legislature just outlawed the death penalty. So, the only people who can be put to death are their innocent, law-abiding victims. Another gift to Marylanders was a 50-cent a gallon increase in the gas tax. Just what we needed, with the recession, hard times, and the price of gas already. But, they did legalize gay marriage. If you're starting to get the picture that I live in a state that's so far left that it makes Communists look conservative, you're very perceptive. Bad news for the rest of the country is that the Dems are touting our governor O'Malley as a leading candidate for President in 2016.

I was just test marketing the new avatar. If you like the old one, I'll put the girls back.... :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I was just test marketing the new avatar. If you like the old one, I'll put the girls back.... :thumbs:
The new one is a little dark and hard to see....but then again, variety is the spice of life...and I have a good imagination. :thumbs::devil:

Sounds like a wonderful trip Northern Sol. I personally love touring historic locations. :yesnod:

·
Registered
458 Posts
The new one is a little dark and hard to see....but then again, variety is the spice of life...and I have a good imagination. :thumbs::devil:

Sounds like a wonderful trip Northern Sol. I personally love touring historic locations. :yesnod:
Most historic sites also require a good imagination. For instance, when you go to Gettysburg, just close you eyes for a second and imagine all the sights and sounds, and then open your eyes. Chilling.... And it's such beautiful countryside. To imagine the sound and fury of the battle raging and the fields littered with thousands of wounded and dying young men is beyond description.

Lincoln's Gettysburg address was one of the first things I memorized......
127 Main Street, Gettysburg, PA :lol:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Most historic sites also require a good imagination. For instance, when you go to Gettysburg, just close you eyes for a second and imagine all the sights and sounds, and then open your eyes. Chilling.... And it's such beautiful countryside. To imagine the sound and fury of the battle raging and the fields littered with thousands of wounded and dying young men is beyond description.

Lincoln's Gettysburg address was one of the first things I memorized......
127 Main Street, Gettysburg, PA :lol:
I absolutely agree. It seems so peaceful at most "battlefields" but I think everyone should attempt to imagine what it was like at the time the spot became infamous. Perhaps it's fitting...and definitely chilling....that it is so peaceful now.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I absolutely agree. It seems so peaceful at most "battlefields" but I think everyone should attempt to imagine what it was like at the time the spot became infamous. Perhaps it's fitting...and definitely chilling....that it is so peaceful now.
Looking out from Ft. McHenry is not quite as bucolic, especially with all the dead fish and corpses floating by in the harbor. The smell's not all that pleasant, either :ack:

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Ahhh, there they are. that made my day. bummer about all the rules up there. if you think about it, it's crazy at what we can get away with down here. I swear, if you haven't shot a 10lb tub of tannerite with a half gallon bucket of gasoline on top of it with a barret .50 cal. at 50 yards, you haven't lived yet.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts