Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the local dealer today. They are in the top 10 of sales for Canada( town size 18,000 people)
Price out a Solstice, loaded everything but smoker package is $34,670 CDN ,before taxes, 8gs of options
They have taken 5 to 6 orders already and they also order some to have on the lot.
They are looking at July delieve.
Production from the dealer network website has it starting mid May without any summer shut down.
Funny still no information if the seats are power and if the seats are heated

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
airbalancer said:
Probably because they are neither power or heated. :( I don't care about power, but I would like heated. Used them in a rented Thunderbird two winters ago in Reno and Tahoe and it was nice with the top down, heater on and seat heater on. :cool:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need heated seats!
I had heated seat put into my truck for $500 CDN
Also my wife drives all year with her seats turned in her STS

·
Registered
338 Posts
airbalancer said:
Need heated seats!
I had heated seat put into my truck for $500 CDN
Also my wife drives all year with her seats turned in her STS
Aftermarker heated seats can be a PITA as far as relaibility. We don't recommend adding them, but that's just in our exp. If you've had great success w/ them, than by all means, enjoy them. I guess we're just a little gunshy, like some people are about add-on sunroofs. Conversely, we have a sunroof installer w/ ZERO problems in last 5 years and a lifetime warrenty on prod & install. To each his/her own.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
airbalancer said:
I was at the local dealer today. They are in the top 10 of sales for Canada( town size 18,000 people)
Price out a Solstice, loaded everything but smoker package is $34,670 CDN ,before taxes, 8gs of options
They have taken 5 to 6 orders already and they also order some to have on the lot.
They are looking at July delieve.
Production from the dealer network website has it starting mid May without any summer shut down.
Wow, that's a hell of a lot of cash.. July Delivery is great though, I think i'll go order mine soon.

Would you mind breaking down the options? 34,670 before taxes seems rediculious. Do you get a GM employee Discount?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am at $34,670 CDn everything but smokers parkage
base price in Canada is $25,696.00
Leather pkg-$2110.00
Power pkg - $1040.00
6in -dish radio- $755.00
Monsoon speakers-$185.00
Upgrade radio, still thinking
Polished wheels -$720.00
Have a STS without polished wheels and wish I had it
AC-$1200.00 + air tax of $100.00
ABS-$600.00
LSD $255.00
Floor Mats-$85.00
ONsatr-$995.00
Onstar , mmm do I need it , I just do not know
freight-$930.00

I hate looking at US prices
And 15% taxes

·
Registered
535 Posts
airbalancer said:
Leather pkg-$2110.00
Power pkg - $1040.00
6in -dish radio- $755.00
Monsoon speakers-$185.00
Polished wheels -$720.00
ABS-$600.00
LSD $255.00
Floor Mats-$85.00
ONsatr-$995.00
freight-$930.00

And 15% taxes
That looks pretty comparable to an MSM MSRP in price and features.

For me,
base price $25,696.00
Power pkg - $1040.00
ABS-$600.00
LSD $255.00
Floor Mats-$85.00
freight-$930.00

$29,906. That's pretty fair. I think I'll be waiting 12 months so I hope I can knock a little off by then.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Wow, this thing is going to be way more expensive then I thought.
I'm going to have to go light on the options.
I suppose I can do without all the upgraded speaker crap, afterall, it's a roadster.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Canadian price

airbalancer said:
Leather pkg-$2110.00
Power pkg - $1040.00
6in -dish radio- $755.00
Monsoon speakers-$185.00
Polished wheels -$720.00
ABS-$600.00
LSD $255.00
Floor Mats-$85.00
ONsatr-$995.00
freight-$930.00

And 15% taxes
Note the leather package includes the convenience package
which is cruise, fog lamps and driver info center and it can be
bought by itself for $710.00. That means the leather itself is
another $1400.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
then it will be $900 lighter as I will put heaters in seats for about $500

·
Registered
11 Posts
canadian packages

Hi, seems my dealer doesn't quite have all the information re the interior.
the question is:
1) If I order the cloth seat, is my only interior choice the ebony? ie, if I want the two tone sand/steel interior colours, do I need to order the leather package. Then,
2) Do we in Canada, unlike the US apparently, have to order both the leather and convenience package together? Seems we can not seperate 'leather' and 'convenience' like those in the US apparently can.

any information much appreciated

cheers

·
Registered
496 Posts
Leather

guenter said:
the question is:
1) If I order the cloth seat, is my only interior choice the ebony? ie, if I want the two tone sand/steel interior colours, do I need to order the leather package. Then,
2) Do we in Canada, unlike the US apparently, have to order both the leather and convenience package together? Seems we can not seperate 'leather' and 'convenience' like those in the US apparently can.

cheers
The way I saw it on the dealer's order screen is you could order the R6A leather package which includes the convenience package or you could just order the ZQ3 concenience package.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
guenter said:
the question is:

cheers
Here PCQ premium package (including leather, either shade) requires ZQ3 convenience package so I don't think there is any difference. Up north I would definitely check into how good the satellite coverage is where you drive before getting OnStar. If you don't get the signal it won't work.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have never heard anyone complain of lack of coverage in Ontario, mind you I still find dead spots with my cell phone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
achieftain said:
Here PCQ premium package (including leather, either shade) requires ZQ3 convenience package so I don't think there is any difference. Up north I would definitely check into how good the satellite coverage is where you drive before getting OnStar. If you don't get the signal it won't work.
thanks for the reply. But could you please comment re: "If I order the cloth seats, can I then only get the black (ebony) interior?" I really like the two tone sand/steel interior - does that mean I 'have' to get the leather package??? The dealer seemed not to know - of course.

cheers

·
Registered
496 Posts
leather

achieftain said:
Same thing in Canada but they call it the R6A leather package which includes teh ZQ3 convenience package.

·
Registered
496 Posts
seats

guenter said:
thanks for the reply. But could you please comment re: "If I order the cloth seats, can I then only get the black (ebony) interior?" I really like the two tone sand/steel interior - does that mean I 'have' to get the leather package??? The dealer seemed not to know - of course.

cheers
As far as I know if you get cloth seats your only choice is ebony.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts