Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out in PA. today for work and on my way home I stopped in at the Lordstown Plant. The gentlemen at the guard gate was very nice. He let me drive just part way in and I explained that I have a SOL on order. He said their is about 40 cars in here and right up there is a couple.

I drove about 100 yards and there was a beautiful sly and I wrote the VIN# 101457. Who's ever car this is, I looked around and everything looked great. What a beauty.!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thats really wild. I'm #2001 and my car is at the dealer allready. I'm up just north of Detroit. Seems like the car you mention should be out of Ohio by this time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I used to live around Youngstown Ohio way back in the 70's and at that time, the GM Lordstown plant was home of the Chevy Vega and a hot bed of Union vs. Management problems. The place was absolutely notorious for labor issues. Many times the cars came off the line incomplete. That was then.... I hope things have changed over the years.

Greg

·
Registered
60 Posts
ESERIES3 said:
Thats really wild. I'm #2001 and my car is at the dealer allready. I'm up just north of Detroit. Seems like the car you mention should be out of Ohio by this time.
2001 and your car is at the Dealer already???!!! What gives man? I'm still waiting for 1223! :brentil:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Marc said:
2001 and your car is at the Dealer already???!!! What gives man? I'm still waiting for 1223! :brentil:

ditto for #815!!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Greg55_99 said:
I used to live around Youngstown Ohio way back in the 70's and at that time, the GM Lordstown plant was home of the Chevy Vega and a hot bed of Union vs. Management problems. The place was absolutely notorious for labor issues. Many times the cars came off the line incomplete. That was then.... I hope things have changed over the years.

Greg
I know what you mean, I got a 1971 Vega New, and there were so many things wrong with it right out of the factory... the welds that hold the body together at the rear of the car was never touched on one side... plus the odometer broke after 1000 miles, and the fan on the back of the torque convertor broke loose around 20,000 miles and threw out the balance and tore up the rear main seal... then I remembered the salesman told me that it was one of the last cars that were built just before they went out on strike.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Marc said:

Yup...its here...its deep and its spectacular!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts