Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So first there was a Solstice on the Kappa platform. Later, using the same platform the Saturn Sky hit the streets. A re-badged version of the Sky was sold as the Daewoo G2X and Opel GT.

But was there ever, or where there plans for, to sell a re-badged Opel GT as a Vauxhall GT in the UK ?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Vauxhall VX Lightning ?? i just googled and pasted, didnt research

Vehicles based on this platform (Kappa):
Pontiac Solstice
Saturn Sky / Opel GT / Daewoo G2X

Concept vehicles based on this platform (Kappa):
Breckland Beira
Chevrolet Nomad
Saturn Curve
Vauxhall VX Lightning
Tauro V8 Spider

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
So first there was a Solstice on the Kappa platform. Later, using the same platform the Saturn Sky hit the streets. A re-badged version of the Sky was sold as the Daewoo G2X and Opel GT.

But was there ever, or where there plans for, to sell a re-badged Opel GT as a Vauxhall GT in the UK ?

Opel GT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2003 Vauxhall VX Lightning Concept (based on the 2002 Pontiac Solstice Concept, as an indirect preview of the production car and a commemorative vehicle of the 100th anniversary of Vauxhall back then)

GM told Vauxhall no Kappa for you.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Right hand drive cars aren't a problem - I've owned several and still have one. The only issue is pulling out to pass as you can't see oncoming traffic. I've learned to gauge the tone of the shriek coming from my navigator as I pull out a little so I know if I have time to complete a pass.....

The only time I really have to think with RHD in a RHD country are entering the round abouts!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts