Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we had a torrential down pour here on LI. Pulling out of the movie theater parking lot there was what appeared to be a small puddle. I decided to drive through it and the next thing I know, the water is half way up my doors. I kept the car in 2nd gear and kept the throttle half way down and managed to get through it without much of an incident.

Today I go to check on the car and I notice the front left grille is missing. it must have gotten washed out as I drove through the puddle.

I've been looking on Ebay and there aren't any for sale. Does anyone have a spare Grill they want to sell?

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Go back to the theater and see if the grille is lying around there somewhere. I may have "popped" off due to deflection of the front facia............

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Have all of your fluids flushed before driving it anymore! And I mean flushed....not just drained. I had a Camaro I did this with and had to have them all flushed. I was lucky like you in that I made it out, but it cost me over $400!!! Don't forget your diff and brake fluids.

·
Registered
8 Posts
damn solstice rides soo low!! I did something similar in my firebird. Water splashed all over the car and under too. Was a deep puddle... like they said change fluids :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good Advise, thanks, I never thought about the fluids. I drove it home and the ride was rough but I thought it was just because everything was water logged. It was only 2 miles. It's been sitting in the driveway drying out since Sat night. I'll have it checked and change all the fluids this weekend.

I did go back to the theater on Sunday but I could not find it.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Lucky you didn't hydro-lock and destroy the motor. In case nobody has said it already (sarcasm) flush and change all of your fluids.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
And when you're done flushing and changing all of your fluids, go out and do the same thing for the car's fluids.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts