Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

waste gate mod

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Jn2 
#1 ·
I have been reading about the waste gate mod to the turbo, but there haven't been any recent activity about it. Has anyone kept this mod for long term? It seems that this mod is only temporary, but I didn't see anything conclusive. Has it been determined that this mod is not something you want to do? My car is a 07 GXP that is currently bone stock. I plan on getting exhaust soon and Trifecta tune during national convention in Springdale. Will this mod work in conjunction with the tune?

#2 ·
Just get the tune, forget the other mod.

#5 ·
Each turbocharger has the wastegate rod length set at the supplier using a flow bench. If you diddle with the wastegate and the car will not run, there is no procedure for fixing it.

#7 ·
If you are tuning your car and want to hold higher boost level in the upper RPMS, you can pick up the TurboBay high pressure wastegate, it will help with high end boost. Now wether it will translate to more power is still unknown. Usually more bost=more heat=more torque

#8 ·
The turbo is only good to about 25psi....after that it's a heatpump. Unless you have IC piping, aftermarket IC and HFC. At which point you might be able to push it to 27psi.....but the wastegate will hold that pressure anyway....

#9 ·
It won't hold 27psi to redline. It will drop down to prob 22 by redline. But yeah, either way, you aren't going to see much of an HP increase, maybe some torque, but no HP on stock turbo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.