Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having the first real rain since I bought the car. I went out to drive to work and noticed that there is water in the sills in both doors now. The top was up and the windows are rolled up. There is no sign of leakage in the top and the rest of the interior is dry. It looks like it leaked in under the door and was caught in that hollow in the door sill. Is this normal for this model or is there a seal or something that needs to be replaced?

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
It's not normal in my experience. It's possible your window seals are letting water flow through the interior of the door. Check the seals along the outside of the door glass.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Is there a bad wind noise when you are on the highway?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There were thunderstorms on Monday but no sign of any water in the door sills at all. It rained just as hard as it did before.

Likely conclusion - The windows were open a tiny bit before and a little water got it.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
GREAT news and thanks for posting an update.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Is there a way to make the rubber window gaskets soft again? The passenger side gaskets got hard and nasty over the winter and they are leaking profusely!!!!

·
Registered
7,159 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I use the Gummi Pflege on the weatherstrips all the time. The dielectric grease works well but around the doors you have to be careful you don't use too much otherwise it'll be on your clothes when you get in and out of the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts