Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finnally fixed all the leaks with the top and door seals. 20 minutes under 4 people with garden hoses and not a single drop, but today during the storm the footwell was still wet around the door sill. Pulled up the floormat and it was ok. Pulled the sill and it was a lake in there. Pulled all the trim pieces and deadpedal and pulled up the carpet and soaked it all up with towels. The car has been stationary the last 3 days in the storm and verified it was not a leak from above. It looks like its leaking past the black urethane under the door sill. Any advice. Im debating just making a line from one the front of the door to the other to seal it up. Thank you

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
It's leaking from under the plastic kick plate that covers the door sill under the door?. Pictures might help to illustrate it better.

·
Registered
834 Posts
There is a piece of foil that is backed with some kind of black goo like substance. It prevents water intrusion. Has this been tampered with in any way?

There is a plug at the firewall above the clutch pedal area. Is this plug still there?

Is your fender liner intact?

Do you have all the weather sealing rubber gaskets along the door that you're supposed to have?

I'd start with confirming those things.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is leaking past the plastic kick plate.

There is no foil blocking water intrustion. It looks like it has a straight shot in as it goes down the a pilliar on the OUTSIDE of the seal and once the urethane ends it enters the floor pan behind the carpet.

Plug at the firewall is still there and the fender liner is still there.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I'm at a loss as I've never heard of that before. Sure sounds though like a seal is either missing or maybe damaged letting the water come in.

I had an issue with my car one time where the tray in the door sill kick plate was almost full of water. Turns out the window was down a hair and letting the water in. Never had the issue again or before that one time. If the car had been parked on a bit of an angle the water would have missed the tray and soaked the carpet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well finnally got around to more investigation. It is dripping down the apillar between the front of the window and the seal into the interior. Is the only way to replace this by replacing the front seal around the windshield? If so does anyone have a part number, thank you!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Is the seal damaged? If not, it might be a matter of needing to adjust the window, and a seal replacement wouldn't help in that case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no the seal looks fine, I even lubricated it up and still same issue. I adjusted the door up with the e-torx adjustment and the 12mm moved the window all the way up. How do you adjust the window so there is more pressure against the seal?

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
There's both tilt and angle adjustments for the window. I think someone posted the info here, but not at my computer to look it up. Will try tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
So I finnally fixed all the leaks with the top and door seals. 20 minutes under 4 people with garden hoses and not a single drop, but today during the storm the footwell was still wet around the door sill. Pulled up the floormat and it was ok. Pulled the sill and it was a lake in there. Pulled all the trim pieces and deadpedal and pulled up the carpet and soaked it all up with towels. The car has been stationary the last 3 days in the storm and verified it was not a leak from above. It looks like its leaking past the black urethane under the door sill. Any advice. Im debating just making a line from one the front of the door to the other to seal it up. Thank you
Sorry to hear about the leak in your car. If you decide to take it to a dealership, please let us know. If you send a PM, please include the VIN#, your name, situation, dealership info., and current mileage. I hope this is resolved quickly for you. Keep us posted.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts