Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’ve got an 07 solstice with 37000 miles on it. My water pump failed a year ago. While it is cooling well, I do have the dreaded whining noise due to pump alignment messed up. I also get this banging noise occasionally when starting up. It sounds like something is flying around in there! Dealer says I’m crazy! Anybody ever experienced this?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Did the dealer do the repair? If so, it's up to them to fix it. Be firm with them and tell them that you need this fixed before you lose the engine. See the service manager if necessary. I wouldn't be driving it on a regular basis until you get this fixed.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Did the dealer do the repair? If so, it's up to them to fix it. Be firm with them and tell them that you need this fixed before you lose the engine. See the service manager if necessary. I wouldn't be driving it on a regular basis until you get this fixed.
Careful, only because dealers only warranty their repairs for set time/mileage and the OP said it was done a year ago. He's going to be hard pressed to "prove" that this is something the dealer did that long ago.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Careful, only because dealers only warranty their repairs for set time/mileage and the OP said it was done a year ago. He's going to be hard pressed to "prove" that this is something the dealer did that long ago.
Very true and I missed that, should have gone back after the repair was done. As someone else said, maybe another shop might be the way to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine was a bit leaky when i first got my solstice. it's also a 2007, and over time it became worse and worse and had that weird noise you were talkin about. i ended up having to get a new waterpump?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts