Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds pretty darn good to me.

CA's Rim of the World route sounds like a good plan. Who am I to argue if Saturn of Ontario (not Ontario :D ) wants to host us for lunch. :cheers:

Here's the proposed route (thanks Vincent):
  • 11:30 Gathering and Social at Saturn of Ontario
  • 11:45 to 12:30 BBQ
  • 12:15 to 12:45 Brief Club business meeting
  • 1:00 PM depart down 10 East for Rim of the World Highway
  • 1:30 PM arrive at Wild Wood Park at the foot of the Highway 18 (this is where the mountain roads start!)
  • Pictures at various LARGE turnouts along the route
  • 3:00 PM Arrive in Big Bear
  • Snack and road rest 1 hour in Big Bear
  • 4:00 PM Depart Big Bear out the East exit down Highway 38
  • 5:30 PM Arrive in Redlands for optional dinner.
[link to google maps Big Bear route]

PM me if you plan to go so we can get a final headcount. I'll coordinate with VooDooNOFX on the BBQ (since he has the contact with the dealership), & Crimson Avenger on the Club part (since he is our fearless leader).

·
Registered
43 Posts
If it's OK with everyone, my wife & I would like to offer our house as the 1 hour stopover in Big Bear. We would supply snacks and drinks and a couple of bathrooms.

·
Registered
541 Posts
If it's OK with everyone, my wife & I would like to offer our house as the 1 hour stopover in Big Bear. We would supply snacks and drinks and a couple of bathrooms.

Wow!!!! A BBQ, the drive, a place to stop and relax before hitting the road again....

AWESOME!!
Have a blast guys/gals!

Gee....wish I wasn't soooo far North!

Chance

·
Registered
895 Posts
That is very nice of you both. I am sorry I will not be able to make it on this run. I enjoyed having lunch with you two when you were visiting San Luis Obispo.
Take care,
Sal

·
Registered
77 Posts
WOW - it keeps gettin bigger & better

:cool: That is great!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Will you be joining us for the drive as well? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with your kind gesture. If you'd like to PM me with your address so I can put it on the map.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Looks like a it'll be a blast. I'll definitely be there next weekend :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
We're on our way!!!

Everything looks great for this to be a good sized event (22+ people in 14+ Kappas). If you haven't yet confirmed that you will attend, please take a moment to PM me or post with a definite "I/we will be there," or something like that. (Thank you to all who have already done so.)

It is okay if you can't attend the whole day, you're welcome to spend whatever time with us you can. If needed, we can figure out a way for us to all join up at whatever point on the route your schedule allows for.

NO DRIVER WILL BE LEFT BEHIND!!! - only right behind :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Unable to Attend

This sounds like a great drive! Unfortunately, we had already made plans for the entire weekend. We will see some of you in Vegas! Have a great time.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Rim of the world run

This post continues to prove there are plenty of Solstice owners willing to give their all for another Solstice owner. We are better than the good ole "Good Sam Club"!

I have PM'd fakebil. I plan on attending but have several other items taking up this weekend also. I would like to meet those who are going to Willow Springs. My wife and I live not to far from the track so I will try to be there in the morning. We have plans in the afternoon in town. If you guys will be in town until later in the evening maybe we can get together for some eats. In the morning Crazy Otto's for breakfast, Ave I before the freeway.

The Essex house is a nice place, one of the older well kept hotels in town.

Sunday I have plans to get my daughter thru a home run competition and then meet up with you all in Big Bear or so.

Let me know fakebil.

CADREAMIN :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
This post continues to prove there are plenty of Solstice owners willing to give their all for another Solstice owner. We are better than the good ole "Good Sam Club"!

I have PM'd fakebil. I plan on attending but have several other items taking up this weekend also. I would like to meet those who are going to Willow Springs. My wife and I live not to far from the track so I will try to be there in the morning. We have plans in the afternoon in town. If you guys will be in town until later in the evening maybe we can get together for some eats. In the morning Crazy Otto's for breakfast, Ave I before the freeway.

The Essex house is a nice place, one of the older well kept hotels in town.

Sunday I have plans to get my daughter thru a home run competition and then meet up with you all in Big Bear or so.

Let me know fakebil.

CADREAMIN :cool: :cool: :cool:
Carpe Diem and I will be at theBest Western Antelope Valley, Friday Night..
I'll PM you cell. Hope we can GTG
Joe

·
Registered
139 Posts
Best Western on Sierra Highway, another older mainstay. A lot of GI's stay there on TDY's. Enjoy. I work night shift but may be able to get out early on Friday. bad thing about that is I will have to play softball. But then after the game we hit coaches to settle things down! feel free to join in. I will be looking for the PM.

If you guys need any info about the town let me know. It's not a real happening place! We do have a lot of the chain restaurants neer the mall. I'd have to look and see if any car shows are planned for the weekend (Friday) if interested.

Wayne :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Carpe Diem and I will be at theBest Western Antelope Valley, Friday Night..
I'll PM you cell. Hope we can GTG
Joe
Best Western on Sierra Highway, another older mainstay. A lot of GI's stay there on TDY's. Enjoy. I work night shift but may be able to get out early on Friday. bad thing about that is I will have to play softball. But then after the game we hit coaches to settle things down! feel free to join in. I will be looking for the PM.

If you guys need any info about the town let me know. It's not a real happening place! We do have a lot of the chain restaurants neer the mall. I'd have to look and see if any car shows are planned for the weekend (Friday) if interested.

Yup, I'll be up at the Essex house for Friday night. I do plan on being there for Friday night's dinner. I've been thinking Outback just South a bit on the 14.... Yummy! :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts

I plan on leaving Friday mid-day and arriving in Lancaster mid-afternoon - maybe take a spin up to Willow Springs and check things out after I check into the Best Western.

Can you recommend a good (or at least reasonable) Italian restaurant, or other place where I might find some vegetarian/vegan things on the menu?

I hope you can find time to drop by. I'd like to meet you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
VoodooNOFX had a good idea to help make the driving as smooth as possible. Does anyone have any of those personal walkie-talkies to lend to the cause? If we could at least keep the lead and rear vehicles in communication, it could help keep us on track a little better. More than two would be great.

Thanks again to everyone who's helping to make this event the best possible.

Bil

·
Registered
139 Posts
Willow run

Italian restaurants?
Olive Garden and Johnny Carinos are at the AV Mall, expect at least a 1 hour wait.:(

In Palmdale is Eduardo's 661-273-0955 small and intimate, good food (palmdale Blvd at 10 West, NE shopping center):yesnod:

Lancaster has Tina's, not far from the hotels, Food is ok, 661-942-9939, 43953 15th west:yawn:

in Lancaster also, Fresco II, I have not ate here yet but everyone says it is great, 661-948-6677, 1983 West avenue "L".:yesnod:

Between these I would pick Fresco II, for location.
:grouphug:

I have another fine thing to offer if anyone likes Country music. I have 2 tickets to see Carolyn Dawn Johnson, Friday night at the Palmdale, outdoor amphitheater. Free to who ever asks for them first. Gates open at 6pm show starts at 7pm. Reserved general admission seat 58 and 59. I can have them waiting for you at your hotel at checkin. :willy:

Also another simple SALAD and heath place is Green House Cafe.

Be prepared the weather is getting mighty hot up here, we hit 92 today and it is suppose to continue for the rest of the week. And dont forget the wind festival April-November.:chill: :devil:

If you all need any other info, I have been a die hard, high desert rat since 1980. :yawn:

Enjoy the day, Wayne

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
VoodooNOFX had a good idea to help make the driving as smooth as possible. Does anyone have any of those personal walkie-talkies to lend to the cause? If we could at least keep the lead and rear vehicles in communication, it could help keep us on track a little better. More than two would be great.

Thanks again to everyone who's helping to make this event the best possible.

Bil
I've decided to join in the Sunday Solstice run. If I don'r render my Mysti inoperable at Willow Springs on Saturday, I'll see you at Saturn of Ontario at 11:30 Sunday. I do have a set of Cobra walkie talkies* (that I have never used.) I'll charge them up and bring them along.

* = Walkie talkies?? Does that date me? I suppose today they would be called 'personal two-way communication devices'.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've decided to join in the Sunday Solstice run. If I don'r render my Mysti inoperable at Willow Springs on Saturday, I'll see you at Saturn of Ontario at 11:30 Sunday. I do have a set of Cobra walkie talkies* (that I have never used.) I'll charge them up and bring them along.

* = Walkie talkies?? Does that date me? I suppose today they would be called 'personal two-way communication devices'.

I believe your fully capable of keeping all four wheels on the asphalt. Just hope the Pontiac parts can keep up with you! :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

Well no more than it does me for knowing what you're talking about.... though I did work for Western Walkie-Talkie while I was in College...

That's great news! See you not only Saturday, but Sunday as well!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
77 Posts
You're too cool

Thanks for stepping up to help out. The more of these PTWCDs we can get, the better we'll be able to communicate. Thanks again to everyone who's contributing/attending/thinking kind thoughts/RSVPing/etc.

Bil

41 - 60 of 72 Posts