Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, what can I say? I had a blast today.

I apologize for ducking out early, and not attending the actual founding meeting. The good news is I beat the fog, and drove back up the PCH under clear skies. The bad news is that my body has violently rejected (E-jected?) the lovely dinner from our last stop - which explains why I'm up at 2AM posting to the forum. I feel bad for even saying so, since slo944's (if I'm not mistaken) neighbors own the place. Could be the flu, just as well as food poisoning. My classmate had a touch of the flu last week. If that's the case, let me apologize now to everyone whose hand I shook today... which is pretty much all of you :blush:

I want to extend a special "thank you" to Shinoo and Neil (sp?) from Kappashpere. The car sounds fantastic, and drives quite nicely with the mods you are developing. I'm impressed with your dedication to bringing QUALITY parts to the market. I'll post a review of my impressions in another, more visable thread. Keep up the good work!

I hope we can meet again at least once or twice before it's time for my family and I to move on. I'll bring my F1K-specific "swag" that I received from my dealer to the next meeting for whoever might want it. All I have (thinking off the top of my head) is one of the first 1000 "Ask me" pins, an apprentice brochure, with DVD, and pocket card. Since I didn't wind up with a F1K car, someone else can take these trinkets.

I have so much more to say, but it's late, and I don't want to "Crimson Avenge" an 8-pager for you all to read :jester: :devil: Thanks to everyone for making our first event such a success, especially to our ringleader, Vincent, for doing all of the legwork and keeping us on-schedule. The day was well-planned and executed! BRAVO

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yikes! We ate the same thing last night and I'm not suffering so you might have a bug. Good thing I got my flu shot last thursday!

You don't suppose it was because you drove back to Monterey with the top down last night do you?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I considered top-down, but decided against it :blueangel: The curry was a fairly eclectic dish, maybe there was just something in there that I've never had before and shouldn't eat again! After a shot of pepto with a gatorade chaser, I was tip-top :thumbs:

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
JetBlackE31 said:
Yikes! We ate the same thing last night and I'm not suffering so you might have a bug. Good thing I got my flu shot last thursday!

You don't suppose it was because you drove back to Monterey with the top down last night do you?
And sniffing all that clean Pacific air? Nah, that would cure just about ANYTHING! Send some to Houston, please!

We have a Pasadena here too, but it stinks. No, really, it stinks! That's where the chemical and petro plants are.

·
Registered
175 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
And sniffing all that clean Pacific air? Nah, that would cure just about ANYTHING! Send some to Houston, please!

We have a Pasadena here too, but it stinks. No, really, it stinks! That's where the chemical and petro plants are.

Here you go. This air is fresh as of yesterday. It came over nothing but 4 thoursand miles of salt water.

Breath deep. You might get hints of ebony leather as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Fresh Air

JetBlackE31 said:
Here you go. This air is fresh as of yesterday. It came over nothing but 4 thoursand miles of salt water.

Breath deep. You might get hints of ebony leather as well.

Hey, that's my car!

While you're taking in the fresh air Giz see if you can detect the Clear Bra.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
inov814u said:
Hey, that's my car!

Nope, not a trace. Maybe the guy here in Houston doesn't know what he's doing. I'll check some other installers. Thanks, inov! :)

PS: Ahhhhhh, enjoyed that Pacific air. It's been WAY too long!

·
Registered
895 Posts
inov814u said:
Hey, that's my car!

It was hard for me to detect the clear bra on your cool up close and personal, let alone in a picture. They did a nice job. I was so glad to see a cool. You are right, the paint swatch at the dealersip does not do the color justice. SloKool met up with us at Ragged Point for dinner. He has a "Cool" with ebony interior like the one I have on order. He has also had the clear bra installed but not the full kit as you did. His only goes up around 1/4 the way up the hood. I will go for the whole kit but I think 1/4th up the hood might be far enough for protection and reduce the appearance of the "line" when you are up close.

The event was great. Solstice owners rock. Everybody was great. I really enjoyed getting to know you all a little. I look forward to building better friendships during the upcoming events. I think we are planning on meeting 3 times a year but i will let Vincent, "Crimson Avenger" fill you all in on the club details.
It sure was fun!!! :party:
Sitting Duck, (Sal Orlando)

·
Registered
100 Posts
What a fun weekend. Very well planned and the weather was perfect. I enjoyed meeting everone and putting a face with your online name, (Now if only I can remember. Over 50 makes this a new challenge) For those of you that wanted the jacket, sweatshirt or cap I was wearing, feel free to PM me a message and I will get back to you. Again, what a fun trip and I'm already looking foward to the next one.

Mike
P.S. Thanks for the pictures. Hope to see more.

·
2,574 Posts
inov814u said:
Hey, that's my car!

Innov---Gorgeous finish! BRAvo for the BRA! I'm sold based on yours. :yesnod:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts