Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

141 - 160 of 204 Posts

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I like the way the lay out was done for mobile devices & the way every thing is kept in the right hand corner. In general the more i come on to the forum the more i'm liking the new format.

·
Administrator
9,188 Posts
Just a question how do you go about changing a post you have posted or deleting it .Thanks
At the top of your post there is an Edit and Delete option.
As I have many options available as an Admin I'm not certain they are available to you.

·
Administrator
9,188 Posts

Any changes worthwhile mentioning ?
EDIT: Just noticed that when you click on the trending icon that new posts is the first choice. Popular is now second on the drop down.

I don't know for certain but may just be normal maintenance/backup type stuff.
No new releases have been posted and they generally let the mod team know of anything new first.

·
Administrator
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
You can follow release notes for platform updates here.

Setting Your Location

Click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select account settings from the drop-down menu.

On the account settings page, scroll down to location.

As you start typing your city, it will offer you choices appear in the drop-down menu. Click to select on the one that displays your location.

If you prefer to only display your state, simply type your state, and then click on it in the drop-down menu.

Within discussion threads, you will see your country flag displayed under your username.

Cricket

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Can we get the old functionality back of having the 'new posts' list demarcation with "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts. "?

There are threads that I'm not interested in, and have not looked at, yet still keep showing up in the 'new posts' list, even though they are days old. The line above made it very easy to see at a glance what was really new.

·
Administrator
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Seems this privacy setting is not functioning yet

This appears to be working. Is there some reason that you think it isn't?

User Location Privacy Settings
Click on your avatar and select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.

Your Account Settings page will open with more options. From the left-side navigation bar, select Privacy.

On your Privacy page, you will see options regarding your location.

Use the drop-down menu to select who can see your location information.

Save your privacy settings.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Can we get the old functionality back of having the 'new posts' list demarcation with "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts. "?

There are threads that I'm not interested in, and have not looked at, yet still keep showing up in the 'new posts' list, even though they are days old. The line above made it very easy to see at a glance what was really new.
I have seen the demarcation bar in the new format, but I'm not sure under what conditions. It may be that you have to log out and back in, but I will do some experimentation.

There is a "Mark All Read" button at the top of the "New Posts" page that would take them off of the list, but if you want to stay aware that you haven't read them you don't want that option.

·
Administrator
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #158

Is this what you are referring to? If so, it is already there.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
.......This appears to be working. Is there some reason that you think it isn't?.....

It only blocks location information on the profile, but people can still see your location by hoovering over the flag that the forum posts next to my name. Is like locking the front door and keeping the windows wide open :)

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts

Is this what you are referring to? If so, it is already there.
View attachment 106139
- Cricket
The demarcation line appears for me if I log out of the forum, then log back in. If I navigate away from the forum, or close the window, and come back without having to log back in, there is no line.

141 - 160 of 204 Posts